Thursday, April 26, 2007

First up today, here's where I got to on Reves Brodeuse before I moved back on to Pompeii. Sorry about the crappy photo. The creases are from where it's been folded under the snaps. As you see the stitching is only an inch or so in from the edges....this is me being cheap LOL! Because it will be a sewing case it only needs a seam allowance around the edges so I'm trying to salvage enough fabric to use for something else. For those who asked, the thread isn't anything wildly exciting ....just a plain old DMC variegated, 103 to be precise. This is me being cheap again! LOL

Next is my progress on Pompeii....I said I wouldn't post a pic until I'd finished part 8. Well, obviously I haven't finished part 8, but I figured I'd show you anyway because this part seems to be taking forever. At least the trees are relatively quick to stitch though.

I've been drooling over some new releases today. This is Mirabilia's new one, Mermaid of Atlantis, and probably my favourite of hers for quite some time. A mermaid without scaly boobs - hooray! Hahaha! I love her tail. The fabric is vile of course and will have to go. What is it with Nora and foul fabrics? This is a must have and I've pre-ordered it, although when I'll actually get around to it I don't know because it has quite a pricey list of materials.




I also love this Liz Turner Diehl one - Hannah's Hummingbird Garden. I think this one is going on my wishlist.

9 comments:

Christine said...

Please : stop the temptations !
As i'm a mermaid addict, i'm already desperate. I know i will run to find this new one. She's so beautiful !!
Great Pompeji Gardens !

Aussie Stitcher said...

Pompeji Gardens is looking wonderful. Love Hannah's Hummingbird Garden also.

Carol said...

I'm with you - love the new mermaid!!

Michelle said...

Pompeii is looking gorgeous - I still love the color fabric you're stitching on! Hurrah for a new mermaid!

Faith Ann said...

Your WIPs are both beautiful. Tell your mom you can never have too many alphabets around LOL.

That fabric for the Mira is really horrid, isn't it?

Love the Liz Turner Diehl piece. That is gorgeous. I might just have to add that one to my wishlist as well.

Carla said...

both your WIPs are looking beautiful!

Jenn said...

ooohhh Mermaid of Atlantis is beautiful! Your right the fabric does need to go!

Carolyn said...

Your WIPs look great, Gill!! I love the new Mira too and the other one that you posted is beautiful. I want it! :)

The needle & I said...

Both your WIPs are looking great. I cant wait to see them when they are done. I also like Hannah's Hummingbird Garden.