Thursday, April 12, 2007

I couldn't help it...

I've adopted another kitten! I took Chequers to the vet yesterday for his second vaccination, and this little bloke was in residence there, waiting for a new home after being found abandoned in a cardboard box. I'll never understand the kind of person who does that...how hard is it to take them to a shelter, or better yet neuter your bloody cat in the first place?? Anyway, I'm not going into a full blown rant on the subject...I'm sure my dear readers feel the same way. This little chap is the sweetest little thing imaginable, and I couldn't resist. There was a bit of a spat last night between him and Chequers but they both eventually spent 3 hours curled up together on my lap. We separated them overnight and things seem a lot more settled today. I think by the weekend they may even be best buds! I've been reliably informed that this colour is called 'Cream Tabby', which is a better description than 'Pale Ginger' which is what I was calling him before! LOL. His eyes are blue, but I'm not sure they'll stay that way, and he has a white band running around both back legs so we've named him Ringo. It's amazing, it took over 2 weeks to find the right name for Chequers but Ringo seemed right for this one from the first moment. He's a little shy and nervous at the moment, which is understandable, although he's quite happy to cuddle up to me or Pete for hours.

14 comments:

Carol said...

Fantastic! They will love each other's company so much!

Jenn said...

Ringo is so sweet. I be he and Chequers will be best friends very soon.

Faith Ann said...

Awwwwww... he's adorable!!!

jymisgurl said...

Both your new cats are beautiful! Isn't it amazing how everytime you try to get one cat, you end up with two?

Jill in CA said...

He's so adorable!! Here's one reader who agrees with your rant, for sure. Enjoy your new kitties!

Jacqui said...

Awww isn't he cute.

Maree said...

Aw, Ringo is a cutie! Good for you for adopting him :)

Alison said...

Both kitties are so cute Gill. Fancy getting two! :) You are a sucker. Oh & I agree about the neutering of cats. Our next door neighbours have 11 (yes, 11!) cats. Only one is female & of course she is pregnant. I just roll my eyes.

ollie1976 said...

Ringo's adorable!

Sharon said...

He's is gorgeous-Ringo sounds perfect for him.

Carolyn said...

Aww, both Chequers and Ringo are so adorable!! They'll be best buddies in no time and getting into all kinds of mischief together!! :) Congrats on your newest additions to the family. :)

catandturtle said...

Ringo is so cute. I love his colors. Kittens are the greatest! Ann.

TwistedCandles said...

They are both too cute! Ringo's look reminds me an awful lot of Zoe. That's how she looks when she's "planning" something. Not a good sign, lol.

tkdchick said...

He's adorable, love those blue eyes!