Wednesday, April 04, 2007

s
I decided to spend a few days with Summer Sampler - a nice, uncomplicated project for a while. But after stitching mostly with silks on my Chatelaine projects for a few weeks, using the threads in this kit felt like stitching with garden twine! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I think I made good progress though...I stitched the peanuts down the side, the baseball glove and ball, boats and compass, strap and most of the blue floral panel. I think now I'll do another part Summer Snapperland. Heading into Autumn here, and I'm in the mood to stitch Summery designs!

My spirits have been quite low for the last couple of weeks though. To try to lift my spirits a bit, we brought home this little chap to live with us. He does help a bit - it's quite hard to mope when you have mayhem on legs running around! We've been throwing some names around and he's provisionally been named Zorro, although that might change yet. I find I can only stitch when he's asleep because he seems to have a fascination for my threads!

15 comments:

Rowyn said...

Your new kitty is sooo beautiful! I have three cats, and I still miss my cat who died over six years ago - you never forget them. Sending hugs your way.

Karoline said...

Hmm he looks like serious mischief LOL

Faith Ann said...

What an adorable little guy!! I hope he lifts your spirits {{{hugs}}}.

ollie1976 said...

He's so cute! Your sampler looks great!

Yany said...

How cute!! he looks so sweet :)

catandturtle said...

He looks like a Zorro and he is awesome. Cats rule! I love his face. Your stitching looks great. Ann.

Sam said...

Awwww! He's so cute!!! What a little sweetie. Your Summer Sampler is looking fab :o)

Maree said...

Aw, he's cute! There's nothing like kitty love to lift the spirits :)

Carol said...

Hi Gill - your new baby is adorable! Enjoy him!! You commented in my blog before I had all the photos up - my Debi's Roses biscornu was received today, so you might want to go back and peek at my version of it on black jobelan :-)

Sharon said...

Your new kitty is too adorable-it can be hard sometimes to find the best name. Nice progress on summer sampler.

Jacqui said...

I'm not a cat person, prefer dogs, but he is soooo cute.

Good progress on the sampler too.

Name: Vicki said...

Great work on the Summer Sampler. I saw that in our LNS, and almost bought it. Now I wish I had! Maybe I'll go back and get it! I love the kitten! I've never had a cat because I'm allergic to them. However, looking at yours, I realised I could probably take meds for that now and in a house with 2 dogs and a bird, what better addition than a cat!?

Dianne said...

What a cute kitten-looks like he is full of heck. : )
Have fun with him. I have a male cat who is totally wrapped up in me.

BlissxStitches said...

ooooh! What a cutie! I think he's gorgeous. I love the Summertime sampler too.
I'm crazy about the Chatelaine Medieval Mandala. I sadly missed out on getting a pattern when it was available.

tkdchick said...

Cats are such wonderful therapy!!!