I decided to spend a few days with Summer Sampler - a nice, uncomplicated project for a while. But after stitching mostly with silks on my Chatelaine projects for a few weeks, using the threads in this kit felt like stitching with garden twine! I think I made good progress though...I stitched the peanuts down the side, the baseball glove and ball, boats and compass, strap and most of the blue floral panel. I think now I'll do another part Summer Snapperland. Heading into Autumn here, and I'm in the mood to stitch Summery designs!
My spirits have been quite low for the last couple of weeks though. To try to lift my spirits a bit, we brought home this little chap to live with us. He does help a bit - it's quite hard to mope when you have mayhem on legs running around! We've been throwing some names around and he's provisionally been named Zorro, although that might change yet. I find I can only stitch when he's asleep because he seems to have a fascination for my threads!