A few pictures for you today! I didn't make a whole lot of progress on Egyptian...I just couldn't get into the groove with it this time. Funny isn't it how sometimes you just can't settle with a project, and other times it really flows?
So, admitting defeat, I put it away for now. I will come back to it again soon though and hopefully get on better with it. I then stitched a little on Reves de Brodeuse. The half-motif at the top and a little bit of the big motif that will have a swan in it eventually, and a bit more border. I have a few finishing ideas for this piece that are rather different from the recommended one. There's also an option for doing this as a sampler so I may end up stitching it again, maybe in a different colour. But I'm getting ahead of myself.....I only managed a feours of RDB when postie arrived....and everything stopped for -
Mermaid of Atlantis!!!! I was forced to start her straight away. Well, almost straight away...I spent ages floss tossing and realised the fabric I had picked out made the colours look quite drab. I have quite a stash of hand dyeds so I wanted to use something from my stash rather than buy something new. After pulling out every remotely possible choice I finally settled on SW Ocean Fantasy. I think it gives a nice, deep water effect without being too dark, and the colours looked really good on it IMO. Anyway, this is one day's stitching on her (BTW, the smudge by her face was on the camera lens, not the fabric! You'll notice it on RdB too) -
I did hit a problem with it though...when I came to stitch the 754 in her skin, I noticed it was indistinguishable from the 758 it sits next to. I thought I'd just mislabelled the bobbin, so I went to Lincraft to buy some more....and theirs were identical too! I know there used to be a noticeable difference between them because I've been using them for years...so now I'm wondering if DMC are planning to discontinue it because that's what happened when they dropped 504 etc outside the US. I ended up looking up the Anchor conversion and using theirs instead of the 754.