Monday, May 21, 2007

I'm afraid I don't have a lot to show for the last few days. I've been restless and fidgetty with my stitching and unable to settle with anything for long. I've put a few stitches into lots of things, but not enough in most of them to make it worth showing. There's been pathetically little on Pompeii - I doubt now I'll get that last villa finished this month, but I'm not going to force it. I did however make a little bit of progress last night on Reves de Brodeuse. I've finished the big swan motif, the tiny ones around it and a bit more border along the top and right hand side.

I'm pretty sure I know why I've been so restless though...basically, I want to stitch things that I don't have! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket That's so typical of me! Since putting myself on the wagon, I've been pining over Blackbird designs 'Their Song'. I'm having stash for my birthday at the end of June so I might see about adding that and the other new Loose Feathers design to my birthday pressie, so I just have to hang on till then. Oh, and if you're wondering what I'm having for my birthday - I've asked for Examplar Dames 'And They Sinned', the WDW for it, and a honking great piece of linen to stitch it on - I can't wait!

8 comments:

Alison said...

That's looking very pretty, Gill. What thread is that?

Alison said...

Disregard my question...I just found the answer in a previous post. Just shows how much I pay attention! LOL.

Itching To Stitch said...

Very pretty piece you are working on. You will need a huge piece of fabric for And They Sinned, but you can get a linear half at Lakeside Linen in case in you didn't know that ;)

Annemarie said...

Aah, yes, And They Sinned... Isn't that one just a stitcher's dream? Love your Reve de Brodeuse. The colour's grogeous

Goldie said...

That is absolutely gorgeous, Gill! Love the color!

Faith Ann said...

Oh Gill, you're not trying this "wagon" thing again are you? lol I've got to get caught up on some posts.

I understand what you mean though. Sometimes I lose my stitching mojo because I just want something new and pretty! My wish list has grown quite a bit since I stopped buying new patterns at the start of this year.

Singular Stitches said...

Gill, that's so pretty!! The blues are like looking at the ocean!

It's when you don't have it that you want it....

Aussie Stitcher said...

I am sure your mojo will return.

Joanne