Friday, May 11, 2007

More on Mermaid of Atlantis today. I'm enjoying stitching this sooo much, and my goodness, doesn't she stitch up fast? In her hair there are supposed to be pebble beads, but I'm thinking I might replace them with pearls. Don't panic by the way...she isn't really as close to the fabric edge as she looks! The fabbie is folded under the clamp so it just looks as if she is!

Not so long ago, a fellow stitcher looking at the backs of my work asked if I was OCD because of how neat they apparently are...she was joking (I think! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket)but I'm starting to think she might have had a point. Not about my backs which - if they are particularly neat - are so purely by chance as I take no particular pains to make them so. But I do obsess, usually about charts that I fall in love with. I'm currently obsessing about this one - Spanish Rouge by Sampler Cove - and I don't know why. It's so not my usual thing at all, but I just love it. I love everything about it and I can't wait till I can afford to get it! Alas, it will have to wait...the car insurance is due and Pete had to have a lot of expensive dental work this month. *sigh*



For everyone who's been asking how the kitties are, here's another photo. It's amazing how different their characters are - Chequers is very boisterous and gung ho - he throws himself into everything with gusto. He has an annoying habit of launching himself at my back and hanging on by his claws...a touch painful I might add! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Ringo on the other hand is much more laid back and thoughtful. The difference is obvious when you watch them playing with one of their toys - a 'tail' attached to a stick. They both love it when someone waves the tail...Chequers will just hurl himself at it willy-nilly, whereas Ringo thinks about it and takes his time, and catches the tail far more often than Chequers does!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm not much on samplers but I could SO see you doing this one Gill ... it looks intricate. You're good at that stuff.

Your mermaid is looking beautiful. I've been feelign the Mira urge again lately. :o)

cathymk said...

She's looking beautiful.

Spanish Rouge is a lovely piece - go for it when you can.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Mermaid of Atlantis is looking fantastic, love the pic of your kitties.

Joanne

Jacqui said...

Great progress on the mermaid, she's coming along really quickly.

Von said...

Spanish Rouge is a fantastic design! No wonder you're wanting to buy it straight away. :) Why is it we must so often curb our desires for immediate gratification?! Perhaps we appreciate the desired object all the more for waiting, lol! Can't wait to see you start it. In the meantime, you're going great guns on this latest Mermaid!

Michelle said...

I love Spanish Rouge, and have also wanted it for awhile. Your mermaid is looking fantastic - my chart came yesterday!

Yany said...

I love your mermaid!!!!! and your cats are so cute!!! Thanks for sharing!!

prechrzkid said...

Obsessing is not a bad thing! LOL! I see the kitties like the cow quilt. Could they be wishing for some milk from them???? MOA looks fantabulous, and yes, you made me start her last night. :)

Carolyn said...

First - I have to LOL because the min I saw MoA, I thought "OH MY GOSH THATS CLOSE TO THE EDGE!!" lol.
Second - My cats ALWAYS used to jump on the backs of my legs and hang on too - luckily, only when I was wearing pants.. UNluckily, their little nails are like razors and go right through anyway. lol

Lastly, Ringo & Chequers are just sooo precious!! Your description of their antics are so funny... when Ringo "stalks" his "prey", does he wiggle his butt before he pounces? lol. My cats always used to do that :)

azlinda76 said...

wow!!!"they" look healthy.Do you shower them frequently?anyways nice cat