Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Today's progress on MOA....

The incident the other day with the cats and the floss turned out to be merely the first salvo in what is rapidly becoming Floss Wars....it seems like every time I walk into the living room now I'm confronted by the sight of a kitten mangling a bobbin of something vaguely resembling wet floss. I don't know how they're managing it - when I'm working on a project I keep all the bobbins in a lidded floss box, so how are they getting into it? How?? Gaaah....very frustrating! They seem to have a knack for finding things they shouldn't have - before we go to bed each night we have to have a scout around to make sure the kids (or rather Peter to be more accurate) haven't left some small toy or something lying around, otherwise they keep us awake half the night batting it up and down the hallway outside the bedrooms.

I'm having trouble deciding what I want for my birthday, so I thought I'd canvass you all for opinions...I keep changing my mind all the time! On the list of candidates are Examplar Dames 'And They Sinned' with fabric & WDW, the kit for Chatelaine Evening In The Park, and Thea Gouverneur's St Petersburg. I love all of them and keep ping-ponging back and forth between them. So what do you think? Or is there some other fabulous project out there that I haven't considered? I've already ordered one smaller part of my pressie though...Victoria Sampler 'Strawberry Fields Farm' & accessory pack. I saw it yesterday and thought it was soooo cute, and since SB&B had the accessory pack going for much cheaper than anywhere else I've seen I couldn't resist, but I won't get my sticky mitts on it till the end of June.

Poor Louise is off school sick with a nasty cold today. I was quite surprised - this is the first real cold any of us have had since we arrived back in Oz well over a year ago!

14 comments:

Alison said...

Hmmm...cats! What would we do without them? I'm still searching for 2 magnets (you know those small round ones? Mine are hand-painted of course) which disappeared at Christmas courtesy of one of the feline members of the household. Obviously your cats can open boxes so you might have to consider putting the boxes in a drawer or something. LOL. I wonder if they can open drawers too?

Sharon said...

wow, I can't believe how fast you are sttiching this. Just beautiful. I hope your daughter feels better soon.

cathymk said...

Mermaid of Atlantis is looking just gorgeous Gill!
Personally I love And they sinned and Thea Gouverneur's St Pete is just beautiful. I'm no help at all ('cause yes, I love Winter in the park too!)

Carol said...

Oh no! Bad kitties! Seems you need lock & key for your floss now! Your mermaid is stunning - I cannot believe how quickly you are motoring along with her! I would choose And They Sinned :-)

tintocktap said...

Given that Evening in the Park is on my wish list, I'd choose that one! I can't believe how quickly you're getting on with MoA - she's gorgeous!

Christine said...

She is so beautiful !!

Karoline said...

Your mermaid is looking gorgeous Gill, I would get And they Sinned as I've heard that it's likely to go out of print soon. The designer posted on Legacy that she has no copies left.

jymisgurl said...

Your mermaid is gorgeous! I like Evening In The Park, but Karoline is right. And They Sinned is going to be gone soon!

Yany said...

MoA is adorable!!! and my vote is for Evening In the Park :) or perhaps, you can get 2 gifts... Evening and And They Sinned, because you have been a very good girl ;)

The needle & I said...

Mermaid of Atlantis is looking awesome. I just love it. My kitty had my floss, (which i must have dropped)and pulled like 2 feet out of her mouth all sogging wet. I was glad I was home to catch that. Silly kit kats.

Itching To Stitch said...

Yikes, what kind of needles are you using. I can't believe how far along you've gotten on MoA. I'd go with And They Sinned, I just love that pattern ;)

Carla said...

she's gorgeous!!!

Heidi said...

LMAO, i have to laugh because growing up we had cats and had the same problems and since I was a light sleeper I was always getting up and picking up things. You have smart kitties if there opening up a lidded box. :)

Your mermaid is coming out really nice. And as for your bday present i would go with chatelaine, she has such awesome designs. :)

rome said...

loves it...wish i have the pattern.

favor...can u send me scanned patterns of Mermaid of the Atlantis? Its hard to get them here in the Philippines.

message me at rome_holler@hotmail.com

thankies.