Monday, May 07, 2007

Well, I'm not too surprised nobody guessed my mystery WIP, as I didn't give you much to go on (though I did think Joy might get it). It was of course Cut Thru Igloo, an Amanda Loverseed design from UK Cross Stitcher. I thought this would be a relatively quick, fun design to have as my travel project but I got kind of caught up in it - it really grows fast. But let me tell you, I had to frog and restitch that igloo entrance three times! Bah...give me a nice, easy Chatelaine any time! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


It's finally found it's way to my travel projects tin, so it will slow down a bit from now on. I'm back with Egyptian Garden for a while before jumping in to tackle the final villa in Pompeji. I've had this as a WIP for far too long...I started stitching it when it was an instant access class and it's just been re-released. Not too much progress yet - just a bit of gold and red in the jewelled border at bottom right.

9 comments:

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your wips are looking great Gill.

Joanne

Kimberly said...

Both are looking great. I love the Egyptian Garden :)

Carol said...

Your igloo and your Egyptian Garden are both so beautiful, Gill!!

Michelle said...

EG looks great. I bought my kit and chart back when it was an instant online too - haven't started it though. The igloo is cute - great fabric you've chosen for it!

Jacqui said...

They're both looking great. I love the igloo, they don't look like anything til you do the backstitching and then they look great.

Carolyn said...

Oooh, I love your Cut Thru Igloo!! I don't think I've ever seen that one before. I adore the Fairy Hill, Princess Palace, the Ship one... pretty much all of the cut-thru designs. (do they have a website that shows all of them?). And, wow!, you did get quite a bit done! And, as always, your Chatelaine looks beautiful. :)

Sam said...

Love your new WIP Gill & you know how much I lurve EG!!! :o)

Carla said...

Cut Thru Igloo is cute!!! Nice start!

Joyus said...

LOL Gill, now I'm embarassed...

I found the top half a quick stitch but the bottom half took quite some time (all that blue!)

I love your fabric choice too