Wednesday, June 06, 2007

All steamed up...

I'm sorry, but I just have to vent...I had a bit of a prang in the car this morning as I was taking the kids to school. I'd reversed off my drive and was just just about to pull forwards when there was a bang - the old guy from across the road had also reversed off his drive and we'd banged together. But - and here's what I'm venting about - the sly old bugger then pulled forward back onto his drive (I saw him do it) and then tried to make out that I'd reversed onto his drive and hit him!!! I'm absolutely steamed!! I wasn't having that so I took photos as evidence - I don't know how well you can see with the photo reduced like this, maybe if you click on it you can see better - the broken plastic off the rear light is clearly a few feet to the left of his driveway, in the middle of the road. Luckily our car escaped with just a broken light cluster, but the back end of his is quite badly damaged. My Dad thinks he might be worried about losing his licence as he's very old and extremely doddery. He started threatening to call the police until I handed him my mobile and told him "go on then, call them" and then he started backpedalling and saying "Oh, I don't know what I'm going to do". Anyway, what do you think - from where the broken plastic is does it look like I 'reversed onto his drive' to you??? If you click on it you can make out some shards of red plastic to the left of the car....
And this one is from the other side of the road - looking toward my house. Between the two you should have an idea of where the accident happened

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

Aww, I'm sorry about the fender bender. I can't believe that old guy!! Shame on him!! I hope everything works out in your favor, hon :)

Melanie said...

I'd have been tempted to call the police anyway. I know you were getting the kids to school, but after my little 'run-in' a while back with an unlicensed driver who told big fat lies about who was at fault (her), I will not take chances again.

ollie1976 said...

Sorry to hear about your accident.
-Jen

Aussie Stitcher said...

Sorry to hear about your accident, they are a horrible experience. Congratulations on your Mermaid and Mystery Q, they are both beautiful. Birthday dilemmas, why not get all three, LOL.

Joanne

Carol said...

Doesn't look to me like you got anywhere near his driveway!! I think Dad is right - he is afraid he will lose his license. Mike's grandpa had some incidents like that near the end of his life as well...

Yany said...

Sorry about your accident Gill. Hope everything will be OK for you

Julie said...

Well, no one was hurt and the guy is your neighbor. Hopefully things can be patched up (pardon the pun). I agree with you Dad, too. He is probably concerned about his license and loosing some independence.

Sally said...

Sorry to hear about your accident Gill.