Saturday, June 02, 2007

And here she is...

In all her glittery, beaded glory! I mostly enjoyed stitching this, except for that bloody filigree at the bottom which was a bit of a mare. I would have finished it sooner except I put it down to read The Kabul Beauty School (which is worth the read BTW) but it only took me an afternoon so it didn't hold the mermaid up for too long. I subbed most of the beads - because she's on a 32 count hand dyed I thought they might be a bit tight, especially in the treasure which is quite bead-intensive, so I used mostly petites and delicas instead for a better fit. Now I'm going to tackle the final installment of Mini Q.

23 comments:

Carla said...

Congratulations!! She's GORGEOUS!!!

Nicole said...

She's beautiful Gill! Congrats on your 25th Mirabilia finish!! :)

Kajsa said...

She's gorgeous! I love the fabric you stitched her on!

Redwitch said...

Wow! She's amazing, congratulations! :)

The needle & I said...

She is absolutely stunning. You are really an inspiration. I think I will go and stitch now. Ranae

Susan said...

Wow, that is stunning! Great job!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

She is just lovely! Wonderful finish:)

Lana said...

That is beautiful!!! wow! yOu've stitched 25 Mira's? That is insane! Awesome! I wish I could say I have stitched that much, but...have not. I love your blog!

tkdchick said...

Wow she looks awesome! Congrats

jymisgurl said...

Absolutely beautiful! Great job!

Jenn said...

congrats! She's beautiful!

Itching To Stitch said...

Congratulations on such a beautiful finish. I can't believe how quickly you stitched her up ;)

Sharon said...

Gorgeous Gill! Congratulatons-your needles were on fire with this one.

Lisa said...

She's stunning! Congratulations :)

HAED Sexy Fairy said...

Congratulations!!!
Absolutely AMAZING!!!

Karoline said...

She's gorgeous Gill, congratulations

Faith Ann said...

She's beautiful!! You stitched her up so quickly!!

Carol said...

Finish it sooner? You're kidding - you already broke the land speed record! She is stunning!

Alison said...

Gosh Gill...you're so fast! She looks fabulous.

Christine said...

It's so beautiful !!!!

Janine said...

She is really lovely Gill.

Swarovski beads said...

She's beautiful, fantastic work!!

Michelle said...

She's gorgeous! Congrats on finishing her. I will have to check out the Kabul book.