Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I had a wonderful surprise in my mailbox yesterday - look what Carol sent for my birthday (which is on Friday - I couldn't resist opening it a couple of days early!)! Isn't it gorgeous? Carol is one of the most generous stitchers I know, she's forever stitching beautiful gifts for others, and this time I was the lucky recipient! I adore it, Thank you so much Carol!! I wanted to show you the reverse of the fob too, but my camera is on it's last legs and this is the only decent shot I got of the 20 or so I attempted.
But luckily, one of the things I'm getting for my birthday is a new digital camera! Hooray! This one won't hold a charge any more and even when I do manage to force some power into it, it's doing weird things - when I uploaded this pic I found all sorts of distorted images of things I'd forgotten about, and yet I must have 'emptied' the camera a hundred times since they were taken. The camera shop said repairing it would cost as much as buying a new one, so there's no point really.

Not that I've got much stitching to show you...I've been working on a Christmas pressie (already!!) and I know the recipient looks at my blog occasionally, so I won't post a pic of it till after Christmas. Hopefully I'll soon have something else to show though!

12 comments:

Carol said...

You're welcome Gill - it was my pleasure! I hope you have a fantastic birthday!!!

Darla said...

Very pretty! And happy birthday!!!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous fob! Happy Birthday!

Von said...

Carol does know how to make a birthday extra special!

Happy Birthday, Gill!! I'm glad you're getting a new camera so you can share more pics of your stitching! :)

Sam said...

What a lovely gift! Wishing you a happy birthday for Friday Gill :o)

Karoline said...

It's a gorgeous fob, Happy birthday

Carla said...

Lovely fob!!! Happy birthday and have a wonderful day on Friday!

Yany said...

Lovely gift!! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful day on Friday!!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful! Happy birthday!!!

ollie1976 said...

Happy Birthday!
-Jen

Nicola said...

What a beautiful gift! Happy birthday too!!

tkdchick said...

Doesn't Carol send wonderful pressies???