Thursday, June 07, 2007

I've calmed down now after yesterday's accident, and am trying to be a bit more Zen about things. I really shouldn't let myself get so agitated - I'll end up giving myself a heart attack or something! It didn't help that Pete was away overnight (silly thing forgot his bag and had to rush out to buy some essentials when he got there! lol)

Anyway, here's my latest WIP pic - a bit more on Cut Thru Igloo. It's supposed to be my travel project but, well...I don't travel all that much and don't tend to stitch much when I do, and I just felt like stitching on it, so there! lol This piece really doesn't photograph very well - it's far nicer 'in the flesh' as it were. The fabric is Stab & Stash 'Baby Blues' lugana....

I was going through my photos earlier and it occured to me I don't think I've ever shown you my craft room (AKA the Room of Stash lol), have I? These pictures were taken just after we'd moved in..there are pictures on the walls now.
Those box files are full of charts, and that large plastic drawer unit on the far right is full of fabric. The smaller drawers with the blue front on the table hold my DMC master set. My kits are in a big tub under the table - you can just make out the red lid behind the chair.
And these are my doll's houses. The blue one is pretty much complete although it needs a few repairs after all the travelling it's done, and the Tudor one is a work in progress. The chest of drawers holds all kinds of miscellaneous stuff, including all my finished but unframed stitching.


And finally, a picture to make you smile...my cats like boxes (don't they all?) Here's Ringo trying to squeeze into a camera box that is far too small for him. He spent a good ten minutes trying to curl up in this thing before giving it up as a bad job! LOL

16 comments:

Sally said...

Your Cut Thru Igloo looks great Gill.

Wish I had a craft room. I told my DH he could convert the loft into one but he didn't take me seriously!

Ringo looks like he's having fun:)

Sam said...

Sorry to hear about your prang Gill. Hope you get it sorted out ok. You've been stitching up a storm lately - all those gorgeous finishes - congrats!!! I love your craft room too.

Kathy said...

Sorry to hear about your accident, hope it gets sorted out soon hun.

Wow the Igloo Cut Through looks Great. I have 2 Rocket ones to stitch, when I get some time.

Hugs xxxxx

Carla said...

Nice progress on Cut Thru Igloo!
Poor Ringo there is no way he could curl up in that little box :)

Yany said...

I love your doll's houses, they're so pretty!!I wish I could have one, but would be a lot of "temptation" for my pixies...

I like your chest of drawers to, very handy!!

Hugs from Mexico

Name: Vicki said...

I really like the work you have done on the "Cut thru Igloo." I envy you your craft room. I wish I had one!! The picture of your cat is adorable! Hope you get everything straightened out about the wreck. Have a happy day!

Michelle said...

Love the new look Gill.:-) I also really enjoyed looking at all your photos and the stash room looks like heaven.

Faith Ann said...

So sorry to hear about your accident! Glad you have some proof of what happened though. Why do things like that always happen when the DH's are away?

Great start on the igloo, it looks like a really cute piece!

msstitch01 said...

Your igloo piece is looking great Gill. It never ceases to amaze me the tight spaces that cats try to squeeze themselves into.

Heather said...

Ooooohhhh Pretty! I like the new template, it's really gorgeous. (And the stitching's not bad either :) )
I envy you the amount of stitching you get done, and it all looks fabulous!

Michelle said...

Your igloo looks fantastic - I love the fabric you've chosen for it. Love the new template too - what fun!

Bev said...

hope your ok now after your prang

i love the cut through igloo too, i want to stitch on of the series but i have to stop buying stash on orders of hubby ARGHH!!! lol

Swarovski crystals said...

The Cut Through Igloo has great detail in it. Even Ringo is a creative thinker!!

sugardoll said...

Hi Gill,

Love your new wip, especially the fabby you are using for it. I tried to look at the stab and stash website but I can't find the particular name/fabby at the site. Has it been discontinued? Thank ye. =D

Carolyn said...

Cut Thru Igloo is coming along great! Your dollhouses are beautiful. And I can't believe how big the kitties are getting!! :)

Singular Stitches said...

Your craft room looks fabulous!!! And, of course, so craft room would be complete without a cat in the box! :o)