Monday, July 02, 2007

Finally - a stitching update! In the last couple of days I've been working on Reves... I think my stitching mojo is coming back!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I had a nice day, although it didn't get off to the best of starts. I've been having trouble sleeping recently and didn't get to sleep until 3am so I overslept - by the time I woke up I had 35 minutes to get the kids fed and off to school!! It was a bit hectic, as you might imagine. I had to open my pressies while they wolfed their breakfast. As I mentioned I got a new digital camera which I'm still learning my way around (hence the crappy photo above - it takes brilliant pics when I get it right! lol Luddism rides again!)but it has 7.2 megapixels and a 10x zoom so it's a big step up from my old one, and the kit for Thea Gouverneur 'St Petersburg', and money which I spent on books. Pete took the day off and we went out to a TexMex place for lunch. In the evening, Pete cooked dinner and the kids washed up - a good day all round!

I believe I have solved the problem of The Night - I've signed up for a UFO RR! It sounds like an ideal solution - I get a (hopefully) big chunk of her done by other people, and I get to work on some other exciting-sounding projects without having to stitch the whole thing....sounds like a win/win situation to me!

8 comments:

Andie said...

Happy Birthday!!

LOL I think I'm in your UFO RR group :)

*hugs*

Sally said...

I love your WIP Gill. It's gorgeous.

Carla said...

Nice progress...it's looking great!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Happy Birthday Gill, your wip is looking lovely.

Joanne

Heidi said...

Love the WIP and happy belated bday! Glad it was a nice one. =)

Faith Ann said...

Happy Belated Birthday Gill! It sounds like you had a lovely day.

Wonderful progress on Reves... love the blues...

tkdchick said...

Happy B-Day!

Glad to hear you have your mojo back!

Reves is gorgeous!

Michelle said...

And see, I was gonna offer up a trade ... I'll work on your Night if you work on my TW. heh. :o)

I didn't know there was such a thing as a UFO RR ... what a GREAT idea!!

I've missed looking at your stitching Gill.