Tuesday, August 21, 2007


A bit more progress on Egypt Garden. I really would like to finish this one sometime before I die this year, so I'm trying hard to put in some mileage on it. I also want to start Taj Mahal, and I don't want to have 3 big mandalas on the go at once so I need to finish something. Truth be told, what I really want to start is Evening In The Park, but there's no way I can afford to kit it up right now, so Taj it will be as that one is already kitted.

I had a new haircut yesterday...it's quite a bit shorter than I've been used to having it. It's taking some getting used to...it feels a bit 'flat', if you know what I mean. I expect I'll adjust though.

Spent the weekend with only the kids for company...Pete was off racing with a local V8 racing team. It's only a 'now and again' position though. I know he's really missing his old job in formula 1 so it was nice for him to be in the pit lane again. He'll be off again in a few weeks for the Bathurst races.

That's about it...my life is quite boring really! LOL

9 comments:

Aussie Stitcher said...

Egypt garden is looking great. Yay for Pete, I like to try and watch Bathurst every year, lets see what happens this year.

Joanne

Little Grey Cat said...

Egypt Garden is looking wonderful. I see why you want to start Evening in the Park though, it really is a beauty.

Michelle said...

EG looks beautiful, you are really zipping along on it. I want to start this one or St. Pete's so bad, but I've got three Chatelaines on the go at the moment, so I've got to finish one!

Carla said...

EG is coming along beautifully!

Sally said...

Egypt Garden looks brilliant Gill!

Singular Stitches said...

That doesn't sound too boring to me! (and when you think of people like Paris Hilton, etc, boring looks quite good!)

Egypt Garden is looking gorgeous!

Will we see some pics of the new 'do? :o)

Bliss said...

I love the 'before I die' comment. We're all a bit like that with our stitching, I think. The mandala is looking pretty. I've got pattern to start Tuscany but no fabric or threads

Mindi said...

Egypt garden is looking fantastic. I have the chart for this, but have a feeling its going to be in the very distant future, since I have 3 other Chatelaines kitted up right now. Can't afford and don't have the time to start another one.

Faith Ann said...

I love Evening in the Park, I can see why you'd like to start that one! If only they were a little cheaper to kit up.

Egypt Garden is looking gorgeous!!

Where's the pic of your new hair cut?