Saturday, August 25, 2007

What's black and blue and green all over?

Me!! We went over to visit my brother and SIL today. They live on the other side of Sydney, and their place is about 10 minutes walk from the ocean so after lunch we went for a walk. The kids wanted to explore the rockpools, so that's what we did. It was fun looking for blue swimmer crabs and other little creatures, until I stepped on a particularly vindictive patch of algae and went arse over tit, somehow performing a spectacular if bizarre pirouette in mid air so that I succeeded in bruising myself front and back.....and finally coming to rest face down in the slimy algae. You can pretty much guarantee that if someone is going to come a cropper, it'll be me. Seriously, I feel like Bridget Jones sometimes. Only without the man troubles. Or the big knickers. I spent the rest of the afternoon covered in green ick, and watching new and exciting bruises develop in places I didn't know I had. I hurt all over now so I think I'm going to go have a long, hot soak.

While I'm here, here's the latest update on Egypt Garden....


You might be pleased to learn that the new 'do' has improved no end after I washed and dried it myself, goodness only knows what the hairdresser did that made it look so flat! So just for you Faith Ann, here's my new look. This was taken a couple of days ago - notice the absence of green slime! hahaha

13 comments:

Aussie Stitcher said...

I hope you enjoyed your bath and the bruises clear up quickly.

Joanne

Carla said...

ouch!! Hope all those bruises dissapear fast ((hugs))

Faith Ann said...

Oh my gosh Gill, you have the most 'interesting' accidents! I hope the soreness goes away soon!!

Love the haircut!! I have never seen a pic of you with your hair that short... looks really nice! I have the same prob with my hairdresser... I'm never happy with my cut until I've washed and dried it myself.

Name: Vicki said...

EG is absolutely gorgeous! Your falls sounds horrible, although I wish I could have seen it! (Sorry!)
Are you sure you didn't break something!? Love your new 'do'. Take care of yourself!!

Mindi said...

Oh ouch! Sorry about the tumble and bruises, but glad you didn't get hurt any worse. EG is looking great.

Sally said...

Ouch. Hope your bruises clear and the aches go away soon.

Love your progress on EG. It looks fantastic.

Carol said...

God Bless the klutzes of the world. I am one too!! Love the new do, and your Egypt Garden is spectacular!!

Sheila said...

Gosh - once you get your teeth into a Chatelaine you really get going. I can't believe how much you have done in a few weeks - congratulations!!!

Andie said...

OUCH!!! *hugs* Your new "do" looks lovely! :)

Yany said...

Gill, hugs & kisses for you, hope the pain goes away very soon :)

Your EG is looking gorgeous, you're such an amazing stitcher, so fast !!

sugardoll said...

Ouchie! Growing up in the Philippines the ocean is never far, I hate those algae and grass that grows under water, honestly, sometimes when you step on them weird looking creatures crawl out of them, it always scares me that I might get bit of something I can't even put a name on to.

Your new do looks nice..You look beautiful but of course, you always do=)

Nicola said...

Ouch!! They say do something scary once in a while - but you've really taken this to heart haven't you!!! Hope you're feeling much better and the bruises are almost a distant memory.

Your stitching is as beautiful as ever, looking forward to seeing more of this one!

Anonymous said...

Dear Gill,
I'm sorry to hear about your accident. I have a problem maybe you can help. I have an 18 month old daughter who went swimming in the local river the doctor said the bruseing was from blue/gerrn algae but human services think my boyfriend and myself beat her the bruseing was from the same thing you had in your fall algae poiseing it would be really good if i could hear back from you before the 12 of march yours sincerley concerened Mum fighting for daughter.