Thursday, September 13, 2007

Cue X-Files music...

It's UFO week! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I've spent much of the week working on Paula's Fairy Dreams for the UFO RR, buuuuut I'm not going to show you that. Not yet anyway. So here's one from the vaults my UFO drawer. I expect some people won't have seen this before, it's called Meeting On The Turret Stairs, and I've been putting a little time into it. I'm undecided what to do with this though - while I love the artwork it's taken from, I think the charting could be a little better. It actually doesn't look so bad in the photo, but in real life the dress looks rather flat and the features very blurry. It's a pity HAED don't do this one, I'd be first in the queue. So it will probably remain a perpetual UFO, with me putting in a few stitches here and there. Maybe it'll become a family heirloom, with each generation putting in a few stitches....Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Meanwhile from the Stupid Cat Files....
Yes, that is a door. And no, I don't know how he got up there either. Or more to the point, why??? Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

15 comments:

chiloe said...

Well, I think your cat just wanted to be on your blog ;-) UFO to be pass on generations: yep!why not ! lol

Tash said...

I think your UFO looks lovely! Who charted it? I'm doing one by Golden Kite, and whilst it looks fantastic, it's just so laborious, it's driving me crazy!

ollie1976 said...

The cat picture made me laugh. It is amazing where cats will go.
-Jen

Faith Ann said...

What a great cat picture! That's one spot our cat has not managed to land lol.

Sally said...

Your UFO looks fantastic Gill:)

Love the cat piccie! Looks like he's about to pounce!

Yany said...

Your UFO is looking great :) And your cat, so brave or something else..LOL

Michelle said...

Blimey that cat really is clever to get up there. Good job you weren't trying to shut the door lol.

Love the look of the stitching too.

Mindi said...

I had to laugh at the cat picture. Was he able to get down ok?

Andie said...

I love your cat!! Totally crazy!! LOL *hugs*

Von said...

My goodness, how could your cat get up there! These cats are mysterious creatures. Lol!

Kathy said...

I love your UFO Gill, gorgeous.

What a cute kitty, made me laugh lol.

Hugs xxxxx

Alison said...

LOL Gill...I have an identical pic of my cat, Pickle in the same place (except it's my door, not yours). ;) They just love being up high & the more perilous, the better. :)

Michelle said...

My parents' cat used to do that too - no idea why. And once he was up there, he couldn't figure out how to get down.

sugardoll said...

LOL what a cute photo of kitty. I hope he doesn't hurt himself..but then again, they do can jump from really high! =)

preshrose said...

oooohhhh, can't wait to see what you have done on fairy dreams!!!
Those silly cats! I can't believe he did that :)
Paula