Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I'm afraid I got a little sidetracked this week....I thought this design from the new Gift Of Stitching magazine was rather cute, and looked quite a quick stitch, so I started it yesterday. I'm stitching it in the DMC version though because the Milkpaints one would be far too expensive, and I've also subbed the metallics for ones I already have in my stash. It's stitched on SW Dusk lugana. I had to cut a FQ in half for it. When I get off the wagon I will need to start investing in some 13x18 fabrics - mine are nearly all FQs and I really hate cutting them up for smaller projects!

We've had some encouraging news about my dad. It seems they've caught it early - dad still needs a couple of tests to confirm it, but the consultant thinks the prognosis is good. He'll be starting treatment very soon.

11 comments:

Joyus said...

Blimey Gill, that mag only came out three days ago! It's a great start though and a cute design.

Nicole said...

Gill it's beautiful! I really liked that design when I saw it too! That's great news about your dad!

Chiloe said...

You are maybe off the wagon but if you are happy with your new start, who cares? :-) We all stitch for the pleasure of it, not for setting goals. That's the way I see the whole stitching stuffs. Life is already so painful sometimes that any small pleasures is great !!! Let's all be guilt free lol !!!

I'm glad your dad may recover !!! (((hugs)))

Carol said...

Great news about your dad!!! Your start is so cute. I also had to divide a FQ!!

Faith Ann said...

What a cute design! So sparkly for such a little thing!

I'm the same way with my FQs, I hate cutting them. I'm a 90 minute drive from an LNS so I can't easily run out for a piece of fabric either.

I was hoping you had an update on your dad... that's why I popped over. Glad to hear that news... hopefully the next tests will be done quickly and everything can be taken care of soon.

sugardoll said...

Ohh, so cute and very regal!! Love the sparklies.

I hate cutting my fabbies too...it makes me sad =(

Hope your dad is ok. I don't know what happened, but i hope he is doing good. I saw a show last night (filipino show based on people's true story, so you don't know about it) The guys wife fell into a coma after giving birth, was pronounced dead and a few hours later woke up...She was on the show and she said that the lesson in her life story was that God never gives us trials we cannot overcome. Best wishes to your dad. ((hugs))

Yany said...

I'm so glad you have good news about your Dad!!!
Your WIP is adorable, you're so fast!!

Sharon said...

Glad to hear things with Dad are better than expected. I hope he will do well with his treatments. This is a beautiful start and you are so fast Gill!

Sally said...

Pleased to hear that they've caught the camcer early. I hope your Dad gets his test results quickly and his treatment can start soon.

Your new start is gorgeous!

Carla said...

Glad doctor had good news for your father.

Great start!!

Von said...

I'm so glad that the cancer was caught in the early stages, Gill! Prayers that the treatment will be effective for him and side effects will be slight!!