Saturday, September 22, 2007

I've been sticking with Sea Of Roses for the last few days, although I haven't been stitching all that much, truth be told. I've spent much of my time out in the garden. I've planted roses, margarites, a mandarin tree, tomatoes, watermelon and I have a passionfruit vine waiting to go in, but that needs a trellis erected first so Pete's going to help me with that this weekend. I'm looking forward to getting fruit from my own garden, although I doubt we'll see anything from the mandarin or the passionfruit this year. I also weeded the patio, washed down the patio set ready for the warmer weather, (and got confronted with the biggest spider you ever saw...one with big, hairy, juicy legs...blech. I'd just sat down on one of chairs for a rest, I'm just glad I didn't sit on that particular chair!) and mowed the lawns front and back....by evening I've been feeling pretty wiped out.

I've broken a tooth! Well, actually it's a tooth that has been rebuilt already and it's the 'rebuild' that broke away. It's really sharp now and making my tongue sore. Why do these things always happen at the weekend?

8 comments:

Sally said...

You have been bust Gill! Sea of Roses is looking gorgeous:)

sugardoll said...

YOu have been busy Gill!! That would be lovely to harvest fruits from your own garden =)

I saw on National Geographic that Australia has one of the most poisonous spider. I did not catch the name of that spider, but he was black, very big and hairy (not black widow) It was really different, it almost looked like a plush toy with all its hairs! LOL

Your WIP is coming along really well..So pretty.

Sam said...

SOR is lovely Gill! How wonderful to grow passionfruits - they're delicious. ;o) Sorry to hear about your tooth, hope you can get it fixed soon.

Faith Ann said...

Sea of Roses is looking great!

Wow... I want to eat all of those yummy fruits that you'll have growing!

I wish we could have a garden here but we'd need such a huge fence to protect it from the deer, bunnies and other wildlife that would eat everything before we'd get the chance.

Carla said...

Sea of Roses is looking great!!

Kathy said...

Wow Gill Sea of Roses is looking fab, you have been a busy bee.

Hugs xxxx

Aussie Stitcher said...

Sea of Roses is looking wonderful, hope you can get your tooth fixed soon.

Michelle said...

Sea of Roses looks amazing!