Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Stitching has been slow for the last few days because I've been feeling really tired. Last night I tried for about half an hour, but gave it up as a bad job after the third mistake....so this little bit of Egypt Garden is all I've managed since the weekend. Just the columns and boat scenes, not even backstitched. Pah! LOL
I can, however, show you what I did on Paula's Fairy Dreams for the UFO RR, as she has seen it now. As you can see, I did most of the wing on the right, her hair, over one face, one arm and her bodice. I think the next one up will be Mirabilia Mother's Arms.



Little Pete has been away on a school trip since Monday. He'll be back this afternoon - I've really missed him! He was a bit nervous about some of the stuff they were going to do, like canoeing, and he got a little bit tearful before he got on the bus. I try hard not to be an over-protective mother, but it was hard letting him go when I knew how nervous he was. I expect he'll have had a blast though!

I wanted to show you my latest purchase for the garden. As you know, I planted a mandarin tree a few days ago. I love the idea of fruit trees, but alas, our garden is very small. But I came across this, which I thought was brilliant...it's a dwarf lemon tree I can grow in a pot on the patio. It won't get bigger than about a metre and a half but it has full sized fruit and everything. For all you gardeners out there this is probably old news! haha

10 comments:

Yany said...

Lovely colors in EG, you're doing great!
And your job in the UFORR is very pretty, you did a lot of stitching there!! And we'll be stitching pals when you'll work on Mother's Arms ;)

Chiasmata said...

Beautiful work on Egyptian Garden. After reading back through your blog it's crept onto my wishlist. The first chatelaine to do so! The UFORR piece is coming along really well too.

sugardoll said...

Egypt garden is so bright and colorful.

The RR you did is WOW! you stitched so much on it!!!

I love everything sour...I wonder if we have those here...Is it like bonsai? It certainly sounds like something that don't need that much care. Show piccies when it bears fruits, it will be exciting!!

Christine said...

You stitched a lot ! Great work !

Sally said...

Egyptian Garden is looking good Gill. Love Paula's Fairy Dreams too.

Von said...

All that stitching and you've also been busy in the garden!! Way to go! :D

Carla said...

Fantastic progress on the UFO RR!!!
I'm sure your boy had a wonderful on his trip :)

Carol said...

Aw, hope you get your energy back soon!! {{{HUGS}}}

Michelle said...

Great progress on EG!! I love lemon trees, and this would be a perfect way to have one!

Susan said...

Those wings are just gorgeous and your EG is looking lovely!