Saturday, October 13, 2007

...and now, A Walk In The New Forest...

Hahaha...fans of the old '70s comedy The Goodies might recognise that quote! Anyway, it's kind of appropriate as I've been building my forest again. I've added a few trees, some birds, and that creature under the owl tree that I think is a squirrel. The orange blobs at the bottom are part of a tree on the page underneath, but I wanted to finish off page one entirely and carry on with page 2, so that tree will remain unfinished for a while.


Thanks for the nice comments about my ornie. No, I haven't done the others in the series, because I don't have those issues of the mag.

Faith Ann...LOLOL..I've never really thought about it like that, but I guess I do attract bizarre accidents!

9 comments:

Kyrie said...

A beautiful forest :)

Hope you're recovering from the accident - eek!

Btw, I've actually been to The New Forest - it's incredible, lovely country.

Sally said...

Your forest is looking lovely Gill:)

Btw thanks for correcting me on the hemispheres. I don't know what I was thinking of when I wrote that! LOL!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Wonderful to see your forest back...it looks fantastic.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your forest is looking wonderful

Name: Vicki said...

I haven't been able to visit blogs in a while, so I had a lot of catching up to do on yours!! Your "accident" on the escalator sounds horrible!! I don't think I'll ever be able to go on one of those again after reading what happened to you!! I love the new ornie. It's one that I have on my list of to-dos! That is my favorite Christmas song! Keep up the good work on your forest piece!You stitchers who do such large, complicated pieces really amaze me! I don't think I could ever do anything that time consuming!! Have a great day! And be careful!!

Ranae said...

Thanks for showing AAFG. I think I will stitch mine with one thread too. I will follow your updates on it for inspiration :)

Carol said...

Nice job with AAFG Gill!!! Never heard of The Goodies, must be an Aussie or British show?

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! This is such a beautiful piece.

sugardoll said...

Beautiful progress on your wip piece.