Sunday, October 21, 2007

For the past couple of weeks, my stitching mojo has been AWOL. I don't know if it's the weather or what (the temps round here have been creeping up, the forecast for tomorrow is 35C/95F) but I just haven't had much urge to put needle to fabric. I've made myself do a bit on the RR, but that's about it. Anyway, with the festive season just around the corner, I thought I might try stitching something small and Christmassy to try to kick my butt into gear. So far I'm enjoying this, it's called Christmas Tree Sampler by the Historical Needlework Company, and it was printed in UK Cross Stitcher a couple of years ago. The fabric is a prettier colour than it looks in the photo...artificial light plays havoc with the colours. But I do have a shocking confession to make. Cover your ears gentle reader...(whispers) it's on 18 count aida... Never thought you would see the day, did you? Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Well, not quite..Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket but I've had this piece in my stash forever, and the colours go much better with the design than it looks in the photo. And this piece should only take 3 or 4 days to finish so it's not like I'll be stuck stitching on it for weeks and weeks.


I'm a woman of simple tastes, and it doesn't take much to make me happy...the first blooms on my new roses opened today -

this is my 'Papa Meilland' and the scent from it is just exquisite.

9 comments:

Sally said...

Did you really say 18 count aida???? LOL! Your piece looks lovely on it and I can't wait to see the whole thing!

Your new roses are beautiful:)

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

What cute piece! I hope it gets you back into the swing of stitching:)

prechrzkid said...

I have to laugh Gill. I have that same design marked in that magazine. Maybe we are kindred stitching spirits. :) It's very pretty on that fabric, and you know, aida is just easy and simple, and I see your stitching mojo returning quickly!

Maree said...

Cute design :) And beautiful rose.

Chiasmata said...

I'm an aussie too, and I know how... sticky it's been lately for stitching. It's even worse when you're stitching showflakes and christmas trees! I do love the fabby. I think I've got some in my own stash, somewheres.

Carla said...

35°C :S that's hot!!!
Your wip looks fantastic, the aida colors look nice :)

Carol said...

95F sure can do a number on killing the stitching mojo! Awesome roses you have there Gill!

Name: Vicki said...

I love the Christmas piece you are doing! And your roses are gorgeous!!

sugardoll said...

Hehehe, I am still on my slump too, and i try to not think about it, but blah!!

Love the fabric on christmas tree sampler, your wip looks really cute on it.

Beautifull flowers, do you get visits by butterflies alot??