Saturday, October 27, 2007

I'm not normally a fan of Maria Diaz's designs, but I happen to rather like her Mucha seasonal ladies series. Well, most of them anyway...I think Summer lets the side down rather badly, but I'll cross that bridge when - if - I come to it. Let's be honest here...my track record of completing seasonal series is - how shall I put this? - less than wonderful. Other than Summer, the rest of this series is nice. This is Winter - I started her last night. She's supposed to have a half-stitch background, but I'm leaving that off and letting this pretty fabric do the talking instead. I've darkened the backstitch on her skin because the colour that was called for just disappeared and she looked like she had no mouth. This should be a fairly quick finish for me too, to keep the impetus up now I'm in the stitching mood again!

5 comments:

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

She is very pretty! Wonderful new start.

Sally said...

She is pretty. You have stitched loads on her so far!

chiloe said...

What a great start!!! I like the design. YOu forget (or I didn't read well - can happen with me lol) which fabric are you using? It seems to be a hand dye ?

Faith Ann said...

Very pretty!

I always seem to be drawn to the winter charts first in any seasonal set.

Carla said...

Great start!! I like her face...she's a beautiful lady