Tuesday, October 02, 2007

My apologies for the long gap between posts....there really hasn't been a huge amount going on. I have made a bit of progress on Egyptian Garden, as you can see...
The finish isn't exactly just around the corner, but the end is in sight at least. I'm also contemplating yet another new start....I don't have a Mirabilia in what I laughingly call my rotation, and that's a situation that needs to be rectified. I'm contemplating starting Cinderella. I do have a bit of an issue with the design, because I think the foot looks much too close to her body, making it look like she has a really, really short leg. But apart from that I really like the design, so I'm going to stitch it and see if it looks better in real life, and if not if I can live with it. Worst case scenario, I'm sure my Mum would love it. I've been trying to find a piece of fabby in my stash for it (because as you know I'm trying to stitch from stash as much as possible), but because Cindy is too big for a FQ I'm restricted to a choice of 4. Two are hand dyeds, but I'm not certain how well she would go on them. One looks pretty but she might disappear a bit on it, and the other I'm also not sure about. The third is a plain fabbie a bit like the cover model. The fourth is black.. Hmmm...what to do...

It's school holidays here at the moment, they'll be off until the middle of October. Poor little Peter came a cropper riding his scooter - the wheel caught in a drain cover and sent him flying, he's taken skin off his knee, hand, shoulder and his cheek. I thought he'd broken a leg or something from the commotion, and I went running to find half the neighbours gathered round thinking the same thing! Poor kid looks like he's been in the wars now.

Big Pete is off to Bathurst tomorrow for a few days, helping out for a race team. It's not Formula One, but he likes to have his hand in again in the racing world.

6 comments:

chiloe said...

Waow! I hope your son is feeling better! What a scare ! Thanks god, move is a nurse ;-) (like all the moms lol)

Your piece is so pretty. What don't you show s the fabrics you have: we may help you pick the right one ;-)

sugardoll said...

The EG is very lovely Gil. It looks like it's so much work.. True?

I will be looking forward to seeing u start Cindy. She is beautiful.

Sorry to hear about your son. I hope he is not seriously injured. Here is a ((hug)) for him to get better soon.

Carla said...

Ouch! Your poor little boy...hope he recovers soon from his wounds.
Egyptian Garden is looking fantastic!

Mindi said...

EG looks fantastic!

Chiasmata said...

Wow, EG is just stunning. I really can't describe how much I love it. Have fun with your new start.

Michelle said...

Wow - you are really zooming with EG. It looks amazing! Is it in pretty IRL as I imagine?