Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ok Ladies, I would appreciate your input on my fabric choices for Cinderella..I'm not 100% happy with any of them, but until I can find a job I can't afford to go buying more fabric. It's frustrating because if she fit on a FQ I would have loads more options. Meh.I couldn't get accurate photos so I've scoured fabric sites to try to find lookalikes (they're both SW solos so there aren't photos of these actual fabrics, but these are close)...

The first one looks a lot like this. This is the front runner at the moment..


This is the one I'm worried she might disappear on...


And this is the plain fabbie. I couldn't tell you what colour it is cos it was unlabelled. (I'm not sure the shop knew what it was called either, they were a bit half-baked as I recall). Cindy would just about fit on this.

I haven't taken a picture of the black. You all know what black looks like. Anyway, I'm not certain I want to go down that road. Stitching on black isn't my favourite thing.

So, what do you think? Would any of these work?

edited cos I've found another couple of possibilities (don't ask how I missed 'em first time around!) I think maybe this could work -

and I would be sorely tempted to put her on this, except it would leave only an inch and a half top and bottom...

15 comments:

Jenn L said...

Cindy's supposed to be running away from the ball and losing her slipper, right? I'd go darker because it's midnight. Not all the way to black, but a deep blue or grey. Of course I haven't seen the picture or what flosses would look like, but that's my thought.

Sally said...

I really like the Lilac Blooms. It's a gorgeous fabby with a mixture of light and darker shades.

Gina said...

I'd go with dusk, assuming the greens looked OK on it and didn't clash.

Jenn L said...

Oooh now that I'm seeing Blueberry Delight, I think that could work.... except for the size issue. which might possibly be avoided if you know how you want her framed - and most importantly, how much space between her and the mattes. If you're not planning on leaving more than an inch, you could sew strips of regular fabric around the edges to give you enough margin.

Anonymous said...

I gave my opinion on the Mira board for Dusk, but I like the Blueberry as well. Tough decisions these fabric choices! Whatever you choose, it will look beautiful as your stitching always does! :)

Carla said...

My choice would be the first one, Dusk.

TeresaB said...

My first choice would be Dusk, but if you can make the Blueberry work, I might be tempted to revise my thoughts.

Laural said...

I'm partial to black myself but if it will make the piece non-fun to stitch I vote dusk.

sugardoll said...

I vote for blueberry delight or dusk! I think they have some sort of night time feel. I do however love all the fabric!!

Chiloe said...

I like the dusk and the blueberry. After, it os what you , you like the most ... Let us know what you chose ;-)

preshrose said...

My vote is for the blueberry as well. I hope you can make it work!
Paula

Chiasmata said...

Ohh... I'd say Blueberry Delight is my first choice, but I'm a big margin stitcher, and an inch sounds like far, far to small to leave for edges. So second choice would be mystery plain fabby.

Name: Vicki said...

All the fabrics are so beautiful! I can see why you're having such a hard time choosing! I really like the Blueberry, too, but you don't want to do all that gorgeous work and then not have enough extra material to frame it right! I'm glad I'm not having to decide between these fabrics! Have a great day!

Michelle said...

I like Dusk and Blueberry Delight. Can't wait to see what you choose.

Jules said...

If it's the Cinderella I'm thinking of it's got to be the Blueberry! x