Friday, October 19, 2007



Sally from Stitchyangel's Treasures has awarded me with the 'You make me smile' award...thanks Sally, I'm extremely flattered! Apparently I'm supposed to award it to 10 more. Which is difficult, when I know so many lovely people on the 'net. I apologise in advance if I had to leave you out, but narrowing it down is hard...so without further ado...

Sally herself!
Yany at Bordando Suenos
Carol at Garden of Stitches
Andie at StitchIt Andie
Faith Ann at Stitch and Stuff
Joy from A Joyus Place
Claire from In These Shoes
Nicola from The Mermaid Sanctuary
Mel from Million Stitches
Michelle from Cosy Egg


I'm afraid it's been nearly a week since my last post, and I have no stitching to show you at all. I have in truth done very little, and that little has been for the UFO RR so as usual I won't show that till it's owner has seen it. I can tell you that I'm working on Mirabilia's Mother's Arms on this round, and it has such lovely colours in it!

The garden has been taking up quite a bit of my time. I've been planting up veggie crops and roses this week. When you read about all the stuff I've been planting, you wouldn't believe that my back garden is a tiny little postage stamp! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I've had to get quite creative....apart from my mandarin, the passionfruit and the flowers in the front flower bed most of it is in pots around the patio, including the new roses and my 'crops'. I've also tried my hand at growing roses from cuttings...I didn't know you could do that but my gardening book assures me you can. I followed the instructions to the letter, but....we'll see.

4 comments:

StitchinManiac said...

You sure can grow roses from cuttings. My grandmother did it all the time, and her roses were beautiful!

Sally said...

You're welcome Gill:)

My Dad has grown a lot of roses from cuttings and he's had lovely ones over the years.

Melanie said...

Aw shucks Gill :) Thank you for the compliment. Now to seek out some worthy recipients!

Have been spending time in the garden ourselves lately - the stitching time is suffering for it, but hopefully we'll have good veggies later in the season.

Faith Ann said...

I'm anxious to see a pic of Mother's Arms, I have that one in my stash and just love it.

I'm so honoured to accept my smile award... now to pass it on :)