Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ta daaaa...Winter Lady is done!!

Leslie asked where I found this design...it was published in the UK Cross Stitch Gold magazine a while back, this one was in (I think) issue 25. The others were in issues 20, 21, and 24. In case anyone is curious, I took a photo of all the designs in this series (I've cut them out of the magazines). As I mentioned before, I'm not so keen on the Summer Lady - I think her leg looks much too small for her body. Spring Lady's skirt needs a tweak - it's not obvious in the tiny photo, but up close her skirt is split a little too high, and it looks a little too *ahem*...Britney Spears...if you know what I mean! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I've just entered Winter in the Silkweaver showcase....the new ones I've just entered are up on the SW site, but the large pieces I entered last week aren't showing up...odd.

16 comments:

Paula said...

It looks great.

Ranae said...

Congrats! She's beautiful.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Congrats on the finish! She is beautiful.

Melanie said...

She looks wonderful, Gill. I've seen these before, but never stitched up. I think I like Autumn the best.

Sally said...

Wow that was quick Gill! She looks fantastic!

Faith Ann said...

Winter is lovely!!

I see what you mean about summer and spring... autumn looks pretty though.

Laural said...

Congrats on your finish! Mucha is my favorite artist.

Carla said...

she's so pretty!!! great job!!

Yany said...

She's beautiful Gill, congratulations!!! Love Mucha's work...

Maree said...

She's gorgeous ... congrats on the finish! :)

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

Just gorgeous, how talented you are.
Sandi

ollie1976 said...

Congrats!
-Jen

sugardoll said...

Wow she is very pretty. I think if she had different hair color, she will look like you. hehe

I love the fabby you stitched her on. Beautiful!

Heidi said...

Congrats! She looks great!

Carol said...

She's gorgeous - congratulations!

Michelle said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations on such a quick finish. The other three designs look beautiful too!