Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. I'm still very sore, but I'll live. I didn't sleep much the first night after my accident because every time I closed my eyes I kept replaying what happened, but last night was OK. Just to add insult to injury, the site of my tetanus jab is very sore too! For those who mentioned claiming medical expenses, the Aussie health system is different from the US one and a visit to the doctor doesn't cost me anything so I'm not out of pocket for that. Someone from the Mall phoned to see how I am, and they've offered to send me gift vouchers to replace my ruined dress. I asked about the woman that fell on me, but they didn't have any details for her. She didn't go to the medical centre or call an ambulance or anything. Apparently she just...went home. Very strange!

When I can sit, I've managed to stitch a bit more on Cindy -

15 comments:

Chiasmata said...

Glad to hear you're recovering. Your progress on Cindy is fast, super fast! I like the fabby you decided on, it'll make a lovely girly finish.

Jenny said...

I just read about your accident. How awful. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Cindy looks gorgeous.

Mindi said...

Oh poor you! I'm glad to hear you're recovering, and hopefully the bruises and scrapes will go away soon.

Sally said...

So glad to hear you're recovering. Gentle hugs to you.

Cindy is looking gorgeous:)

Yany said...

Your Cinderella is looking amazing, you're so fast!!!
I'm glad you're feeling better, hugs!!

chiloe said...

I'm very happy you are feeling much better !!! A gift certificate is very nice close to christmas !!!

I love seeing your progress.

Andie said...

Cindy is beautiful! I am glad you are starting to feel better! *hugs*

Karen said...

Sitting must be dreadfully painful on your legs!

On the bright side, Cindy looks beautiful!

Nicole said...

Gill,

I'm so sorry about your accident! You must have been so scared! Your Cinderella is beautiful - I love the fabric you chose. I'm sorry again - please take care!

Von said...

Dear Gill, I'm so glad you are recovering from your freakish ordeal! I can only imagine the panic you must have been feeling, in addition to the pain.

While I realize that I've seen all your Cindy progress in one reading, the fact remains that you're stitching like a house afire! :D That's a lot of stitches in a short time!

Pikaboo said...

I just read about your accident, I hope you're feeling much better by now!!

Laural said...

Your progress is amazing!! I'm glad that you are feeling a bit better and that the mall offered to compensate you for your ruined dress.

Carla said...

Glad to know you are recovering :)
Great progress on Cinderella!

Michelle said...

Glad you are doing better! Poor thing! Cindy is looking gorgeous - that fabric was a perfect choice!

AnneS said...

Crikey! I'm only just catching up on a few blogs and reading about your accident - that's dreadful! Glad to hear you're starting to recover from it, but I'd have been having nightmares too! On a more positive note, though, Cindy is looking beautiful :)