Sunday, November 11, 2007

The last few days I've been doing exactly what I should have...working on Egypt Garden. As you can see, I've turned the corner - quite literally! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket This corner was quite tortuous as a matter of fact. Don't get me wrong, I love this design, but as always happens with these big Chatelaine mandalas, I get burnt out by the 4th side...I've already stitched everything at least 3 times before (some, like those cats, even more) so I really have to force myself through it. What's left should be pretty easy though. However, I'm putting this down now for a few days to work some more on the UFO RR. I've done a reasonable chunk already but I would like to get some more done before I send it off. Then I'll be straight back to EG - I'm going to get this off the WIP pile if it kills me!



I'm sure most people will have seen this by now, but just in case you haven't - there's a new Mirabilia coming to a magazine called Cross Stitch n Needlework - the design is called
Victorian Christmas Eve and I like it a lot. I'm not really a fan of all the Holiday Fairies or the Pixie Coutures Nora has been doing lately, so this is quite a treat!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Great progress on Eygpt Garden :)

Sally said...

You are making good progress on EG Gill.

Ooh I love that Mirabilia in Cross Stitch n Needlework. It's so pretty.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Not too much left on EG! It is looking fantastic. Good luck with finishing it up:)

Maree said...

That's looking really great! :)

Chiasmata said...

Beautiful progress. I know repetitive stitching can get a little blech... but you're almost there.

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Your EG is looking great I think the birds and floral design in the center of each side is very interesting. Nora Roberts also did some new Christmas Reindeer designs exclusive to Wichelt that I like as well.

Sam said...

EG is absolutely beautiful Gill - not long till you're HDing! Are you still going to stitch Taj next? Thought I might have that as my GFJ start... fancy a SAL?

Carla said...

so beautiful...great progress!!!