Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Well, Egyptian Garden won the poll....and I DID stitch on it...a bit. But you know how it is when a WIP starts yelling so loud you just can't ignore it. We've all been there, right? That was Reves this week. So I pulled it out and voila - it's finished. Which just goes to show that I could have finished the whole thing in a couple of weeks if I'd only knuckled down and got on with it in the first place. There's a moral in there somewhere....Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
So without further ado, here's Reves De Brodeuse opened out...

this is the inside (I never actually use a hoop...that one is for display purposes only Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket)...

and the front, closed.

I think my wadding was a little thicker than it should have been, but a hot iron pretty much took care of that Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket. I'm not sorry to see the back of the DMC 103, every time I used it it stained my fingers blue! Believe me, this sucker ain't never getting washed! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

21 comments:

Lisa said...

Wonderful finish :)

I'm the same, I have hoops but stopped using them once I got q-snaps

Melanie said...

Haha. Love the 'display hoop'. I like the look of hoops, they kind of have that 'ye olde stitche-y' feel, but will never ever, not ever use them again. I love my q-snaps too!

Nicole said...

Oh wow Gill!! It's beautiful! I just bought some DMC 103 because I love how yours looked - it's too bad about the staining! Congrats on a GREAT finish!! :)

Faith Ann said...

It's beautiful!! You did a marvelous job finishing it too.

lol I don't think I kept any of my old hoops.

Laural said...

Beautiful Finish!

Carol said...

Oh Gill! RDB is just gorgeous! Well done!!!

Sally said...

Oh wow that is gorgeous Gill!!! Is it an AMAP?

Mindi said...

Oh wow! Your finish is fantastic!

Ranae said...

Wowza! This turned out fabulous.
Love the design and the color :)

Andie said...

Congratulations on your lovely Happy Dance..... Don't get it wet!!!! LOL *hugs*

Carla said...

Beautiful finish!! That stitcher's pocket is lovely!!!

Yany said...

Is lovely Gill, congratulations, is so elegant...aaahhh..

Darla said...

Lovely!

Chiasmata said...

Ick, staining DMC isn't good. Although, wash your fabby for an instant and free hand dyed look, lol! The book is beautiful, I love the fabric you chose for the lining.

Karen said...

It's beautiful! I love the blue thread. And the lining is fabulous! And I really like your sense of humour!! :D You made me smile.

Kathy said...

Oh wow its stunning well done hun. I also love your Winter Lady too, just gorgeous.

Hugs xxxxx

Mindy said...

That is soooo pretty! I love it. :)

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

Beautiful!!!!!!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous! Congrats.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Just stunning. The interior fabric is so pretty.

Michelle said...

Oh, it's gorgeous! What a fabulous finish!