Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I haven't made a massive amount of progress on Dawn, but as she's coming off the Qsnaps for a while I thought I might as well show you where I got to....

I'll stitch on the UFO RR for a while, and then move onto either Pompeii Garden or And A Forest Grew...I haven't decided which yet.

As you know, I haven't been buying much in the way of stash for a few months (with the notable exception of my big SW splurge). But when I saw this chart, it just jumped into my cart all of it's own accord, and no matter how much I told it to get out, it just wouldn't. It followed me home (so to speak) so I decided to keep it! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket It's the Red Ribbon Sampler, from Sampler Cove. I also like their 'Thriller', but that's going to have to wait.


Our other big news is....we're buying a boat! Now don't go imagining big, fancy yachts or anything...we're buying my brother's little half-cabin boat. It's quite old, but he's kept it in good order. Pete's been hankering after a boat since we arrived, so he's going to sell his half-built kit car to pay for it. I'm quite excited at the idea of going up to the lakes with it!

9 comments:

Sam said...

Dawn is lovely Gill. Can't wait to hear about your family's boating adventures! My BIL has a small boat and nearly got lost going up the river Arun once...

Chiloe said...

I hate when stash have a life on their own !!! It's going to be a lot of work though so I am not sure it was a good idea to adopt it !!! lol

lol A boat seems quite an adventure and a lot of fun!!!

Sally said...

Dawn is so pretty Gill.

I can't wait to hear about your boating adventures. I don't like water much so I don't think I'd like it! Lol!

The Sampler Cove piece is lovely. That'll keep you going for a while:)

Carol said...

Dawn looks beautiful - I find those wings to be a bit of a bugger to stitch on :-)

Name: Vicki said...

Dawn is absolutely gorgeous! You do such beautiful work. The new stash you bought is very impressive. I can't wait to see it finished! I'm jealous that you have finished your shopping! Very smart of you! Have a great day!

TeresaB said...

Trying to catch up on everyone's blogs while I was away and imagine my surprise when I come home and see you've started something new and it's coming along so well! Dawn is gorgeous!

I'm impressed with the new stash purchase. Can't wait to see it when you start it.

Heidi said...

Great progress on your Dawn fairy! And I like your new stash. congrats on your buying a boat too. :)

Michelle said...

Dawn looks amazing - I love this chart too (on my list to buy). The Red Ribbon piece is a beauty! No wonder you had to keep it!

Mindy said...

Dawn is coming along beautifully! She's going to look gorgeous on that fabric. I like the red sampler that went home with you, too. :)