Monday, December 17, 2007

I seem to have a bad case of Startitis at the moment....I started Lavender Wings 'Frosty Nights' in the mistaken belief that it would be a nice quick finish before Christmas. Hmmmm....these two little houses have taken me days to finish! The problem is all the blending filament it uses - this design calls for heaps of it and it really slows you down. And the really, really, really annoying thing is, I can't get any of the sparkle to show up at all in the photo. I must have taken 20 different shots in lots of different lighting conditions, with flash and without, and it hasn't made a jot of difference! I had hoped for a little HD before Christmas, but I feel the need for a break from blending filament so unless Santa finishes it for me I doubt it's going to happen!



I've just signed up for another round of Pay It Forward on Chiloe's blog. This one is a little different from the last one I did. The first three stitchers to leave a comment to say they would like to join in will receive a gift from me...but you must then 'pay it forward' on your own blog and send a gift to 3 more. This time the gift does not necessarily have to be something stitched (although it might be!), it might be something stitching related, something from where you live, or just something to make the other person happy (like bath products, chocolate etc). I would prefer to keep this to regular readers please, or people who's blogs I visit (you know who you are!).

6 comments:

Faith Ann said...

I'm not signing up for the pay it forward... but...

I had to comment on your new start... it's completely adorable, even if you can't see the blending filament!! I'm pretty sure I have this in my stash but I didn't realize it even used bf.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Very cute new start! I feel you with being frustrated by blending filament. It can be such a pain.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Frosty Nights is looking very cute indeed. Love your CdC, it is looking wonderful, what thread are you using?

Sally said...

Frosty Nights is looking gorgeous Gill:) Can't wait to see more of it. I hate blending filament too.

Carla said...

What a lovely design...sorry is taking you so ling to stitch up but I'm sure all the sparkle looks beautiful in real life :)

Heather said...

BF is no fun! But it does look lovely once it's done. If no one else wants to, I'd like to sign up for your pay it forward. I've been meaning to do one for a while now. heathere3 at optonline.net