Monday, December 10, 2007

I'm so weak. And so predictable... Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket after my last post I did stitch on the RR, and made good progress on it. But afterwards I didn't stitch on either Pompeii or AAFG. I had a new start....

I'm sure I don't need to tell you which design this is - people are stitching this thing all over the place. I'm sure I've mentioned before that stitching on black isn't my favourite thing...but for me, this just had to go on black. And yes, you can see the floorboards through the fabric! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I started this on Friday, but didn't stitch much over the weekend because we went up to Mum & Dad's so Pete could go over the boat, and I didn't take any stitching. This is a picture of The Petes giving the boat a good wash - it's been standing unused for over a year and was a bit grubby. We're getting a towbar fitted to the car this week, and will drive back up the coast to fetch it next weekend. We've decided to rename it. Some previous owner had stuck the name 'Kingfish' on the side made up with little pieces of black tape - urgh. So that's coming off and we're trying to think of a good name. Any suggestions?

12 comments:

Sally said...

Wow, Gill, you have got loads done on CdC. It's looking gorgeous:)

Mindi said...

Gorgeous start on CDC! That color is perfect on the black fabric.

Ranae said...

wow! Awesome progress on CDC. I just finished it. I dont care for the triangles. I am stitching CDC again in colors similar to yours, shhh!! dont tell, its a secret. I have to see how my other WIP's look like after the New Year before I start it again.
It's such a fun stitch.

Sweet Pea said...

I love the purples on black - very different!

Wawanna said...

WOW, that color just pops! Can't wait to see how awesome this in going to look. No wonder you were so anxious to get it started. Excellent choice of thread....What is it?

Maree said...

Gorgeous start!!! Love the purple on black. As for the boat .... uhm .... Scarlett. Or All About Eve ... or oh! Harvey :D
Having an old movie moment, obviously :p

Debbi said...

Wow that looks fantastic! I have debating whether or not to do mine on a dark fabric and i think you have won me over. Great job!

Laural said...

Oh Gill that's so pretty! Great Start!

Carla said...

Fantatsic start! The purple thread looks great on the black fabric

Von said...

Ah, you've fallen prey to CdC! I know one day it's going to catch me too - it's absolutely irresistable! Great start. :D

Abi said...

Great start on CdC. What floss are you using?

Anna said...

You may just have lured me back to cross stitch! What floss are you using?