Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Some progress on Cirque...


I love this design! I've seen this done in so many different colourways, and every one has been beautiful. It's such a fun design to stitch too - you just get into a kind of rhythm with it, no stopping to change colours or anything so it moves along quite quickly.

We're all ready for Christmas here now...little Pete and I put the tree up a couple of days ago, the presents are all wrapped and the cards written and sent. All that's left to do is the final, fresh food shop just before the big day. I was worried we might have some trouble with the cats and the decorations, but other than Ringo pulling off one piece of tinsel, and Chequers trying to chew one of the tree's branches, they've been remarkably good!

15 comments:

Faith Ann said...

That's a gorgeous colour combination!! Stunning!!

I'm continually tempted by this pattern with each new WIP that I see!

Carla said...

Looking great!!

Danielle said...

Cirque looks wonderful! Can't wait to see more.

Rani said...

That is stunningly beautiful! The colors are so incredible. Can you share which color and how much you purchased of it? You may have posted it, but I haven't looked yet.

Andie said...

Oh!!! I just love your colour choice!!! Hubby had to be boring and want the same as the chart photo lol

Nicole said...

Gill, those colors are beautiful! I love purple! :)

J Rae said...

Wow! Your color choice looks great! It really pops on that background.

Mindi said...

Wow! I can't believe how fast you're moving on CDC. Looks like you'll have it done very soon.

Chiasmata said...

The colours you chose for CdC are just amazing. As icky as stitching on black can be, it really sets the purple off well. A lovely WIP. :)

Sally said...

Very nice progress Gill. I love the colours.

Stitcher said...

Your colours on this are beautiful

Wendy said...

I love the colours you are using on Cirque! It looks fantastic!!

Jocelyn said...

That is beautiful! What color is that purple? It's really gorgeous and just POPS!

sugardoll said...

Oh how gorgeous! I just love how everything pops up on black. What a fabulous eye candy. It will be marvelous when done!

Michelle said...

Your new start is beautiful! I love the color combination on the black - wow!