Thursday, December 27, 2007

Well, that's Christmas over for another year....Christmas Day itself was pretty quiet, just us and the kids. Mum & Dad had been supposed to be coming but changed their minds a few weeks ago. We had a pleasant day though. Little Pete was extremely excited about the whole thing, and the kitties got a bit hyper. Boxing Day we drove up to my parent's place...what a nightmare - we live at the furthest southern tip of Sydney and my parents live about an hour's drive north of the top end of the city, so we have to drive right through Sydney. The trip normally takes a couple of hours but the traffic was diabolical! It was nice when we finally got there, both brothers and their families were there and we had another Christmas dinner, sitting outside on the patio.

Stitching hasn't been on the agenda much for the past week, so my latest pic shows pathetically little progress (for me) on Pompeii Garden....I've been working on the house on the right. Sorry about the crumpled look - it could use a good iron but I won't bother till it's finished. This piece has become a bit of a chore, but I'm determined to finish it. Apart from anything else, the kit was too expensive to allow it to become a UFO. And I do like it, I just don't like stitching on it.


Jacqui and Heidi, I need your snail mail addresses....you can email me at gillianaldus @ yahoo. com. au (remove the spaces)

10 comments:

Faith Ann said...

Pompeii Garden is gorgeous!

I haven't yet bought a Chatelaine because I always worry that I'd get tired of working on it by the time I get to the third or fourth side and then I'd feel guilty about the cost :( There are so many gorgeous ones though!!

Doris said...

pompei look great..i dont stitch much this days too,all the family is in my house.

Chiasmata said...

PG is looking great, I like the fabric colour.

I live in north-west Sydney, but had to go south christmas morning to visit rellies. A day later and we might have crossed paths!

shakatak66 said...

Just wanted to wish you all the best for the rest of the festive season - and hope that 2008 is filled with joy, peace and happiness, and everything your heart desires :) Hopefully in the New Year we can get together for a catch-up face to face (I'm moving to Ramsgate Beach at the end of January to live, so a bit closer to you then!). {{hugs}}

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

Glad you enjoyed your Christmas. Wishing you and yours a very happy new year.
Sandi x

kathyskreations said...

Oh wow Pompeji is looking great Gill, I haven't touched mine for a while.

I have ordered my threads and beads for Taj, fingers crossed they come through soon.

Hugs xxxxx

Sam said...

Glad you had a nice Christmas Gill. PG really pops on that fabbie! Looking forward to starting our Taj SAL very soon... hope you have a very happy 2008 :o)

Sally said...

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas Gill!

PG is coming along nicely. I don't want to finish my Christmas mystery but, like you, I can't afford not to. I may even sell it when I'm done as I don't like it!

Michelle said...

Pompeii is looking beautiful. I really like it on that fabric - it really pops!

Andie said...

Pompeii is beautiful! Even if it is a chore :) Happy New Year!!