Friday, February 29, 2008

In the next few days, I have to find a new home for my Stash.....but Don't Panic! I'm not getting rid of it or anything. My StepDD Leigh is coming over to visit from England, and we need the room. The Stash (I think it warrants the capitals, don't you?) usually lives in the spare room....now, 99.9% of the time, this room is my room. Not where I sleep or anything (Pete and I are still happily married, thankyouverymuch) but where I keep all my stuff. My dollshouses are in there, my sewing machine and work table, The Stash of course, and a big, squashy, and surprisingly comfortable sofabed (it's a miracle of sofabedishness actually, most of them are like a little taste of hell. I still get nightmares about the one I slept on one night in Spalding {{shudder}}. This one is actually comfortable as a sofa and a bed). No one else ever ventures in there unless they're looking for me. It's where I go when I want to be alone. But, as Leigh will be staying for the best part of 3 weeks, it all has to go somewhere else. Now, Leigh is, herself, a stitcher, and she would no doubt enjoy sleeping surrounded by all my stashy goodness. Who wouldn't? It would probably induce cosy dreams of hand dyed fabrics and silken threads. But unless I take action, there would be just room enough for Leigh, and My Stuff. The girl needs room to actually breathe in and out, you know? Either that or she'd have to sleep on the sofa in the lounge, and I suspect I'd feel a teensy bit guilty about that...

Progress on the Taj after Taj Tuesday (and Taj Wednesday and a smidge of Taj Thursday if I'm being honest....)It needs a little backstitching on the Taj herself and of course on the pink frame....thing. I've come to the conclusion that I hate sheaf stitches....there was a whole lot of swearing going on that evening, let me tell you. If I never saw another it would be too soon. Unfortunately, I've got another 3 sides to go....

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Plus with her being a stitcher, some of your stash might disappear! LOL

Do you have room under your regular beds? You might be able to get a few underbed storage boxes to keep your stash in.

Yany said...

Lovely progress on Taj congratulations!! I didn't stitch this week, a lot of work at the office plus I managed to hurt my wrist :(

Sally said...

LOL Gill! When I read the first bit you had me worried!

Taj looks gorgeous.

Faith Ann said...

LOL You're so sweet to move your stash for your StepDD... she must be very special :)

Aussie Stitcher said...

Gill, I'll happily babysit your stash for you HEHEHE!!! Taj is looking wonderful, such pretty colours.

Michelle said...

Pretty!! Good luck with rearranging the stash!