Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I've heard that Christy has received the ornie I made her for the Mirabilia Stitchers 2008 Christmas Ornie exchange, so I can now show you a photo. I've heard it said that you put a piece of yourself into every piece you make...if that's true there's a very bad piece of me in this. We had words, this ornie and I. Some of them were Very Bad Words Indeed. Not the stitching you understand...the stitching was a joy. But it was my first attempt at using a hot glue gun for the finishing. My glue gun only has one heat setting - thermo nuclear - and I managed to burn my fingers. Repeatedly. I was a mass of blisters for days. Anyway, I think it turned out ok and Christy likes it, which is what counts.

More of The Dreamer...I was getting a little bored with this, but once I took it off the Qsnaps and started a new area I got my mojo back.


I don't buy much stash these days because finances are tight, so I'm disproportionately and pathetically pleased to have just bought this off Ebay -

I'm slowly trying to fill in the gaps in my Mirabilia collection. I'm not trying to get all of them, only the ones I like. I've still to get Queen Mermaid and Maidens Of The Seasons 2...

Talking of Mirabilias...I'm quite excited to be taking part in a mini Mirabilia RR with Vanessa and Shannon - I sent my fabric off yesterday! I thought I'd taken a photo but it turns out I didn't...I'm putting my RR on SMF Summer Romance, with the boxes outlined in Petite Treasure Braid PB02. I can't wait to receive Shannon's fabric and make a start on hers!!

15 comments:

Andie said...

You should update your wishlist :) A picture is available for viewing in the UFO RR forum :) Will post tomorrow

Kendra said...

Stumbled across your blog recently...

I had to laugh at the "thermo-nuclear" setting on your hot glue gun! :-) I've been burned by my glue gun, both by the hot glue and then when I accidentally touched that hot metal cone piece...ouch!

The ornie turned out pretty despite your fun with the glue gun!

Sally said...

The ornie is beautiful Gill. Had to laugh at your to do with the hot glue gun!!

The Dreamer is beautiful.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Wow, both are just gorgeous. I especially like the ornie!d

TrixieTaxi said...

I'll send you my Queen Mermaid chart. It's just laying in a drawer ... somewhere ever since I finished it. Yawannit?

Yany said...

Lovely ornie Gill!! I laugh with the one heat setting stuff...
Your Dreamer is beautiful, the colors are amazing, congratulations!

Missy Ann said...

Rose of Sharon and I once had a "discussion" like that. I was working on her for a Mira RR.

Your ornie looks good. I never liked White Christmas much, but your finish is making me reconsider.

Carla said...

Beautiful ornie!!!!

Lets try again said...

The ornament looks stunning, you did a great job

Mindy said...

The ornament is beautiful, although I'm sorry you had to pay for it with blisters. Hope you enjoy Christmas Flourishes. I finished her in either 2006 or 2007 and she's gorgeous when stitched with all those metallics and beads. I'm working on filling in the holes of my Mirabilia collection, too. I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I don't have many holes in that collection.

Sheila said...

Sorry but had to laugh at your thermo nuclear setting :) People think this is such a "girly" hobby - they have no idea of the dangers involved :lol

Claire said...

Beautiful ornie!

Loving watch your Mirabilia piece grow!

Hugs
Claire

Michelle said...

The ornament is beautiful! And those hot glue guns are dangerous!! Glad you survived it. Can't wait to see more of the RR!

Carol said...

What a gorgeous ornament! Do they sell Aleene's Tacky Glue in Australia? Much safer than hot glue gun!!

Kitty said...

I wish I'd known you were after Flourishes Gill, I've had it in my stash-to-go pile for ages =\