Friday, February 15, 2008

Stuff....

A few random bits and pieces today...

Lookee what I got for Valentines Day! Aren't they lovely? I couldn't get a photo without Chequers in it...my cat has a cellophane fetish! Photobucket He likes to lick it for some strange reason...as soon as I took the wrapper off he left them alone.


My Portrait Of Caroline made the finalists in the Silkweaver Showcase small category!! It's the first time I've managed to get into the finalists!

You probably don't know, but many years ago knitting used to be my main hobby, until I severed a tendon in my hand about 15 years ago...surgeons managed to repair my hand but it's never been quite right since. I have done a few knitted bits and pieces since, but generally I find holding a knitting needle quite uncomfortable in that hand. For the same reason my handwriting has badly deteriorated...anyway, I digress...I have knitted all sorts of things, but have never made a pair of socks. So this week I thought I might give it a burl...and here is the beginnings of a sock on my DPNs...purple, of course!


And finally, progress on the Taj after this week's SAL...

5 comments:

Doris said...

Oh! I want to get some socks , but nobody taught me to make the heel, I will follow your progress to see if I learn : D

hugs from Madrid

Deanne J said...

Hi Gill

I've just found your blog and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Knitting use to be my main hobby years ago and I've just recently started again.

Bliss said...

Your work is great!
I just wanted to pop in and tell you that I have finally started my 'The Rose Garden' that you encouraged me to do way back in August 2006 over at Froggy's blog. LOL. I had to get a few finishes under my belt before I got under way. Thanks for the inspiration.

sugardoll said...

What lovely bouquet. =^-^=
I asked hubby to not get me flowers this time, just no vase LOL. I got a box of See's chocolates instead. YUM!

I don't know how to knit, or even crochet. Can't wait to see how the sock will turn out!

Sally said...

Gorgeous flowers Gill:)

Your progress on Taj is lovely.