Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Time for another update! I seem to have accidentally settled into a rotation of three, which is working really well for me. I'm seeing enough progress on each to keep me happy, I don't get burnt out on any of them...and the two SALs I'm in are keeping me focussed!

Here's Taj after this week's SAL - I love the Peach Cobbler Waterlilies around the edge there - good enough to eat! It's supposed to be a woven stitch there but I didn't like it so I'm just satin stitching it instead, and I'm much happier with that.


Here's some progress on The Dreamer. This seems to have become my focus piece - I'm working on it between SALs.

12 comments:

Sam said...

Both look beautiful Gill! :o)

Faith Ann said...

They're both gorgeous! You're getting lots of stitching accomplished lately!

Maree said...

Gorgeous! But I really love the Taj :)

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Wow, you are flying along on both of these piece! They look fantastic.

Andie said...

Beautiful!!

Chiasmata said...

They both look beautiful, especially the Waterlillies around the border. I don't blame you for simplifying the stitch, the satin stitch really shows up that colour. Fast progress on both too!

Sally said...

These are both so pretty and I love the colours in Taj!

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

Mmm, both of these are really gorgeous, I love the colours.

Wendy said...

Your WIP's look wonderful! The colours are stunning.

bleeding espresso said...

I love The Dreamer! Tina of An Italian-Scot's Stitching Journal recently sent me this piece to work on--yours looks gorgeous so far :)

Carla said...

Taj is looking great and The Dreamer is stunning! Can't wait to see more of both :)

Heidi said...

Both are looking great. :)