Monday, March 24, 2008

I haven't been stitching as much as usual lately...I've been doing quite a bit of knitting instead for a change. Yesterday though, I completed both a scarf for Peter and my Aussie version of Summer Sampler....


I made lots of changes - I changed the music to Advance Australia Fair, put the Aussie flag behind the child, changed the ribbon to Australia's sporting colours (green & gold), and below the 'paradise' block I changed the flag and the airmail sticker. I'm quite pleased with how it came out.

12 comments:

Andie said...

Wow that looks great! You are so brave to make changes :)

Kyrie said...

And so you should be pleased! That's fantastic :)

I wouldn't have been so brave - maybe in a few year's time.

Love the ideas behind the changes, and love the changes themselves! It looks great.

Sam said...

You've made some great changes Gill! Well done - it looks fab :o)

Carol said...

Beautiful finish! Congratulations! I have been wondering where you have been.

Yany said...

Oh that's so beautiful!! congratulations dear, is so pretty

Sally said...

It looks fantastic Gill!

Carla said...

Congratulations on the finish! it looks great!!

Name: Vicki said...

I am really impressed with your Summer Sampler! I have it to do, but haven't started it. Your changes are great! I also love your Cirque piece. It is beautiful! I don't think I have the patience to do a piece like that! Have a great day!

Heather said...

I wish I had your bravery
Heather M

Lia said...

Hi! :D
Wonderful, I am without words!
Very beautiful!
Congratulations!!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! Congrats on the finish. I love all the changes you made.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! Congrats on the finish. I love all the changes you made.