Thursday, March 06, 2008

This past week has been uncharacteristically unproductive for me....apart from some good progress on CdC last Friday (piccy below) I have hardly stitched at all! At the weekend we went up to my parents' and went out on the boat on Tuggerah Lake. It was great fun, and the kids loved it...until the outboard cut out right smack bang in the middle of the lake! Pete had to take the cover off and repair it right there in the water - it's a good thing he's mechanically minded! I even managed to get a little sunburned, despite being under the bimini (that's a boat canopy to you or I - no, I didn't know that's what you call it either) the whole time. Ah well, lesson learned - I'll use plenty of sunblock next time. I did manage to finish one sock while I was up there....but unfortunately I accidentally left it behind at my parents'!

On Monday I was crazy-busy... No Taj on Tuesday because we had to take little Pete for his Cardiology appointment and then in the evening I had a migraine, yesterday I was busy again although I did manage just a little on The Dreamer last night, but not enough to be worth showing. So this Cirque pic is it.....


I haven't even had time to move my stash yet! I have a theory about stash you know...I think once your stash reaches a certain level (Critical Mass) it becomes self aware...alive...and the stash wants to be stitched. It's the stash's whole raison d'etre. This is why stitchers talk about designs screaming at them - it's not imaginary! And this self awareness then extends to things that are not yet even in your stash - which is why we talk about things 'jumping into my basket'. I wrote and asked the government for a grant to fund my research into this phenomenon - I'm still awaiting their response.....

11 comments:

Yany said...

Love your Stash Theory!!! LOL!!!

Your CDC is so pretty, love the colors.

Ah, sorry for the missed sock, good thing that you're all OK :)

Hugs!!

Lisa said...

Your stash theory gave me a good chuckle :)

CDC is looking great!

Chiloe said...

Hôpe you get that grant before it's too late ( which is before your house is full with only cross stitch stash !!! lol )

Wendy said...

Would your research involve purchasing more stash to see how long before it jumped into the basket? Count me in as a research partner then. I could easily fill several dozen.

Cirque is stunning!

Carol said...

Very interesting stash theory - and it does make sense!!

Sally said...

Your stash theory is brilliant! Lol!

Love your progress on CdC.

Janine said...

Firstly I have to tell you that I did know what a Bimini was as we have one on our boat. I keep calling it a canopy and I keep getting corrected.
I love the colour you have chosen for CDC. Congratulations on applying for that much needed grant. I suspect there is a lot of stitcher who wish they had got in before you. And yes I agree that stash talks to you.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Cirque looks great. What a beautiful color.

Michelle said...

Let me know what you discover with your research! CdC is looking wonderful!

Sheila said...

Brilliant idea for research LOL!
Your CDC is looking lovely too :)

Lorna said...

I love the colour of CDC! The stash theory is excellent! lol