Friday, April 25, 2008

I've been working on Beloved for the last couple of days...we have a cherub (little Pete finds the naked child highly amusing...to say nothing of the 'boobies' on the right! lol The things that tickle a 10 year old boy!) and an urn full of flowers. I think the border might get old fast, despite the boobs!

Beloved (A Stitcher's Hands)
Legacy linen 34 count - Cafe au Lait,
DMC 310

I'm kicking myself a little bit - last night I realised that when I made my working copy I'd forgotten to put the original page 1 back in the packet, and I've been marking off the original in highlighter! D'oh!

I guess my tastes are shifting - a couple of years ago I wouldn't have looked twice at monochromatic designs but at the moment I can't seem to get enough of them...speaking of which, here's a picture of more new stash - ok Quaker Christmas isn't quite mono but it's close, as is Quaker Virtues by the same designer which I'm also expecting. The CCN chart and the fabric are from trades (thank you Ladies, you know who you are)....

3 comments:

Sally said...

Beloved is looking gorgeous Gill. Love your new stash too:)

Melanie said...

Heeheeheehee. Gill said 'boobies'. Teeheehee.

:) I like the design, but yeah, repetitive borders, not fun.

Michelle said...

Great progress - even on the boobies. I simpluy must get that Quaker Christmas asap!