Saturday, April 05, 2008

So much for not blogging....as soon as I banned myself from doing it, sraightaway I find myself with lots of stuff to show you! So ok, I won't promise to be either regular or consistent, but I'll blog when I have something to show.

This is Rose Watercolour Butterfly from Rosewood Manor, which I finished this afternoon. It took 5 days to stitch....




I've stitched another page of And A Forest Grew...


A needlebook I made for my StepDD while she was over here...


This is a piece called Sea Goddess by Joan Elliott. It was started by Vanessa (Magicmonster), but she decided she wanted to start over on a different fabric and very kindly gifted me the wip and the book the design was in! Vanessa stitched the bodice, some of the purple on the left, a bit of the chest and the partial arm on the right of the photo...I've finished her chest and stitched her head/hair, the arm on the left and some more of the purple.

8 comments:

Faith Ann said...

I can't believe you stitched the butterfly piece in *5* days!! It's so pretty!

As a Forest Grew is gorgeous too... everything looks great!

Sally said...

Lovely WIPs Gill. Your needles must be smoking!

Ranae said...

Rose Watercolour Butterfly is so pretty. AAFG is looking great, I work on my here and there. The needlebook is adorable.

cathymk said...

I just love Watercolour Butterfly - beautiful combination of colours and blackwork. I'm a big fan of AAFG - I really should start mine (I've got a crazy notion to do it in silks).
The needlebook for your Step DD is just lovely - I love the sentiment!

And wow, that mermaid is going to be simply stunning.

Chiasmata said...

Great projects! And A Forest Grew is really interesting. I love the design. And the watercolour butterfly is brilliant. I adore blackwork designs. :)

Wendy said...

You've got some great stitching and wonderful finishes!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful butterfly - and that Sea Goddess is gorgeous! What book is she in?

Mindy said...

Everything is beautiful, but I'm particularly drawn to that mermaid and And a Fores Grew. I just saw the post about the mermaid over at the Mirabilia board and am definitely getting that book. Your needles must be smokin'!