Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hip, hip, hooray! The Space Invaders are done! lol....Actually, I can't believe how fast this design is stitching up! Tina commented the other day that she wouldn't have believed how nice this piece is from the cover photo, and I have to agree with her. I always liked it because I like the verse, but I've been quite surprised at just how pretty it actually is. Personally I think the somewhat brighter red I'm using makes a big difference because the recommended one looks kind of gloomy. Which, come to think of it, is probably the point. But I still think the red I'm using carries the 'spooky' point well enough without looking dull.


And just a heads up that I've added a few more charts to my trade blog..and a big thank you to everyone I've traded with!

9 comments:

Kerry said...

It continues to look amazing. I think you're right that the red lifts the piece without taking away from the mood of it.

cathymk said...

Looks fantastic Gill!

Jane said...

'Groovy' template Gill. Thought I'd drop by and say thanks for your comments on my blog. Your stitching is lovely, though a little different to what I do, I still love your work. You do such big pieces too which I think is fantastic! Keep up the great effort. I have taken your link 'BWO' and placed one of them on my blog, and think it's a fantastic idea, thanks. Blogs should be fun. I agree with all points.

Nicole said...

Wow Gill, Thriller is just gorgeous! I love it more and more with each update! :)

patternnuts said...

Looks geat! I like how everything is so intermingled. Very nice :)
How did you all go about the Mini Mirabilia RR? Do you still just one girl on all the other stitchers pieces? And I love the idea of not having to do the whole thing, yet still getting the same effect. Very pretty!
~Thank you for the comment on my blog as well. I have no idea what cilantro is other than I know I have heard the people on the cooking shows use it. Lol.~

Sally said...

Oooh I LOVE the new look Gill!!

Thriller is fantastic! I really do love the black/red combination.

You've got loads stitched on Sea Goddess too:)

Rachel said...

Your new blog look is really fun! Thriller is looking wonderful, I enjoy seeing your progress on it. I can't wait to see it completed :)

~Rachel~

Olenka's Stitches said...

Wow! You've made a great progress on Thriller, it's very pretty!
Have you found the owner of the rabbit?

Carol said...

Beautiful progress - Space Invaders and all!