Thursday, May 15, 2008

Just for a change of scenery - I've been working on Sea Goddess again. Much as I'm enjoying Thriller, I was in need of a break from black and red! I'm currently working my way down her tail...

A few people have asked me where this design is from - it's in a book called A Woman's World In Cross Stitch by Joan Elliott. I've been told it's also been printed recently in one of the British cross stitch mags - Cross Stitch Collection. I believe it was the May issue.

And talking of Thriller - I'm now on the 'Space Invader' band! lol....Go on, admit it - don't they look like Space Invaders to you?


We had a little visitor to our garden yesterday. While I was fetching in the washing I saw a flash of black and white...my first thought was that Chequers had got out, but then I realised it was a rabbit! As soon as it saw me it bolted under the fence into the front yard. I was concerned about it getting onto the road so my next door neighbour and I spent 20 minutes trying to catch it. I eventually succeeded with the help of a piece of apple, and the sweet little thing was quite content to lie in my arms and be cuddled - it was obviously someone's pet. I couldn't take it in because my two cats would have thought all their Christmases had come at once, so my neighbour has taken it in and is trying to find out who it belongs to...

10 comments:

Faith Ann said...

I just love the colours in Thriller, but I see how you could tire of stitching them!

Sea Goddess is really pretty... love the colours in this one too.

Daffycat said...

OMG! They do look like Space Invaders!*giggle*

The fabric Sea Goddess is on is lovely! Beautiful stitching.

Oh, I'm glad you caught the bunny and I hope you find his owner.

Sally said...

Oooh yes I can see the Space Invader likeness! Lol! It looks stunning though and I have the urge to stitch something in black and red now!

Sea Goddess is beautiful.

Concetta said...

Who'd have thought Thriller was THAT gorgeous from the cover photo! The colours are stunning, and your fabric is perfect. Sea Goddess is very pretty too.

Carol said...

What a beauty!

Lara said...

Heee. Space Invaders! Totally.

I love seeing your work. Such pretty things.

I hope your neighbor can find the bunny's home.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Sea Goddess is looking great. I am enjoying watching your progress on both Thriller and Beloved. Hope you find the rabbits owner.

Nicole said...

Both of your wips are beautiful!! I couldn't imagine being able to hold a bunny in my arms - how sweet! Hope you can find it's home!

sugardoll said...

Sea goddess is coming along beautifully. I really love how brilliant her colors are. Lovely!

Juanita - aka flosslady said...

Thriller is going to be gorgeous, but I can see how you might get tired of all that red. Looks like you had a nice break with Sea Goddess.