Thursday, May 01, 2008

Moonlight casts an eerie glow....


I'm having a whale of a time with this piece! It's just flying along at the moment. You get a better idea of the fabric colour in this picture.

I've decided to retire a couple of my WIPs....you know how when you look at a project and just don't feel the love any more? When you can't bear to stitch on it? That's Cinderella. I don't know why but I have zero urge to work on it. In fact I would go so far as to say I have an active urge to NOT stitch on it. The other retiree is Camelot Sampler. This one I DO still love...in theory at least. But I've discovered that I'm not a big fan of over-one stitching. I have the utmost admiration for anyone who can stick with huge projects done over one...but it's not for me. I don't mind a little bit every now and again, but big chunks of it give me the heebie jeebies. So, into the UFO drawer they both go.....

5 comments:

Kerry said...

Thriller is looking just fantastic. I absolutely love that chart and hope to get my hands on it one day (which the list of things to stitch gets a bit smaller). I am really looking forward to watching your progress. The red you've chosen looks so good, shifting from the lighter shade to the really dark.

Sally said...

Wow now that looks absolutely fantastic so far Gill!

Nicole said...

I'm loving it Gill! It's so cool!! :)

Kathy said...

Oh wow I love the colours Gill, can't wait to see more.

Hugs xxxxx

Faith Ann said...

I *love* those colours!!