Saturday, May 31, 2008

'On wicked wings she rides'...

Hooray! I've finished the verse! There are still 3 pattern bands beneath this but I can see light at the end of the tunnel. I'm approximately two thirds done.

Judging from the cover photo I wasn't 100% convinced the blackwork band worked, but now I've stitched it I'm sold.

Here's a closeup so you can see...

Compared to the band before it this one seemed to stitch up really quickly!

And now...stashy yumminess! Lookee what showed up yesterday -

I got Ink Circles 'Hanky Pysanky' and 'Quackworth', Examplar Dames 'Forgiveness' and I also managed to pick up the magazine with the Happy Home Sampler in it from my local Borders. It always seems a bit 'hit and miss' with this magazine in there, but it might be that they get limited copies so you have to get in quickly or you miss out. I was obviously lucky! Yay me!! LOL

14 comments:

Kerry said...

It's just stunning. Beautiful, beautiful work.

Concetta said...

It's looking fantastic, Gill!

And great stash!

Kim said...

Just delurking to say that I love this piece. Your progess on it has actually made me want to start my own. Thanks for sharing!

Daffycat said...

Ooo yummy stash! Congratulations!

I love the close-up photo on your WIP...it really shows all the work you have put in on this. It looks great and I still adore your color choices here!

Tanya Zivkovic said...

this is stunning - and your banner is beautiful too!

Olenka's Stitches said...

You've made such a great progress on Thriller, it is getting more and more beautiful .

Juanita said...

You're making terrific progress on Thriller. It just keeps looking better & better.

Nicole said...

I can't believe all you have done on Thriller! It's amazing!! Great stash haul! I love everything got! Forgiveness is on my wish list!! :)

Aussie Stitcher said...

Gill Thriller is looking awesome and i also love Forgiveness, both new additions to my ever growing wish list!!!!

Rachel said...

Thriller is amazing, Gill!! Your needles must be smoking! Can't wait to see more :)

Sally said...

Wow, Gill, I'm amazed at how quickly you are stitching this one up. It looks stunning!

Nice new stash:)

Michelle said...

Oh that blackwork band is lovely! Great stash...you could send it to me! LOL!!

Autumn said...

I've really enjoyed seeing your progress on thriller. I'm feeling a little enabled. That pattern might have to go on my wish list!

Karen said...

Thriller looks gorgeous! It's on my Wish List, and now I want it even MORE!