Friday, June 06, 2008

Back to square one then...

Well, I'm back. Blogger may have more bugs than an Indiana Jones movie (never let it be said this blog isn't topical! lol) but at least I know how things work here!

I made a new start last night. After finishing my Mirabilia RR (which I'll show you at a later date) I was in the mood to stitch a Mira...but the only Mira WIP in the pile was ComaGirl, AKA The Dreamer, and I'm not feeling motivated to stitch on her at the moment (hence the nickname! lol). So - introducing April's Blue Diamond Fairy. Not much to look at yet - just a white blob right now. I'm stitching her on SW Charisma lugana. I spent ages going through my fabrics trying to decide what to stitch her on - I didn't want to spend $$ I can't really spare on a new piece for her but I was amazed at how few fabrics I have that she would work on considering how many fabrics I actually have!



I also wanted to show you this little needlebook I made for Carol - you might have already seen it on her blog, but just in case you haven't I'm posting it here too. This is from a little freebie design from Casey Buonaugurio - there's a little waterlily (?) on the back of the needlebook too. All the little froggy toes are done with french knots!

11 comments:

Olenka's Stitches said...

The needlebook is absolutely pretty and the frogs are very cute. Well done!

Anonymous said...

hi....I have been reading your blog for a while...I really love your work! so much that I went and bought "Beloved" after I seen yours! and I have a question . could you tell me how many skeins of black I will need to do it! I wanna use this overdyed black floss from Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe and I have to order it!
Thanks and keep up the beautiful work!

Gayle~~flosswoman11@yahoo.com

Rachel said...

You have a great start on Mira's April! It makes me want to have a new start so bad!!!!! It is wrong to have a new start? lol

That little needlebook is so cute! I love the frogs, and their little toes are just too cute! I definitely need to make one of those for me. Could you please let me know how you did it? Thanks!!

~Rachel~

ps, glad to see you back at blogger, I had a hard time with your blog at wordpress.

Faith Ann said...

That needlebook is absolutely adorable!!!!

Sally said...

Good to see you back at Blogger Gill!

Nice start on your fairy. I bet you've got loads more done now:)

Love the needlebook you made for Carol. It's so cute!

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Love the fabric you picked. But fabrics are like threads, you never have the ones you need. Happy Stitching, CJ

shakatak66 said...

Lovely needlecase for Carol :) If you ever decide to give Wordpress another go and want a helping hand working things out, happy to help you if I can :)

Scully said...

Ooh I love that needlebook Gill, it's so sweet and I love froggy things nearly as much as bunny things!

Michelle said...

Cute needlebook!!!

Barbara J said...

I love the needlebook. I love the finish.
Great job.
Thanks for posting it.
Barbara J

Barbara J said...

Oh, you have so many pretty needlebooks. I was referring to the frog needlebook in the above, but all of your needlebooks are perfect!
I love needlebooks!