Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I've been stitching like a demon these last few days...we've been having internet troubles so I haven't been online very much. Amazing how much stitching you get done when you don't spend half your time on the 'puter! LOL

As you can see April has come on in leaps and bounds. I'm going to have to order another reel of Kreinik for this one...annoying as there's nowhere within a reasonable driving distance (especially with petrol prices being the way they are!!) that sells Kreinik and I really don't need to be buying anything else right now just to justify the postage. It's quite hard to tell from the photo but she's really quite sparkly - and I haven't even put any beads on her yet! For a long time I didn't really care for any of the Birthstone Fairies, but seeing a couple of them stitched up in real life turned my opinion right round....they are very pretty when you see them for real. The terrible Mirabilia chart photo strikes again!

I think I'm going to put her down for a while now though and get back to Thriller. Red and black as a break from white and blue!

22 comments:

Sally said...

Wow, Gill, you certainly have got a lot done while you've had internet problems:) She looks gorgeous.

Rachel said...

Amazing, Gill!! You are just flying on this one. You will have another Mirabilia finish in no time! She looks fantastic. I never liked the birthstone fairies either, but like you, after seeing them stitched, I like them more and more. Mirabilia definitely has some awful chart photos.

Rachel said...

Oh, I forgot to say, what Kreinick do you need? If I have it, it's yours, I won't even make you pay postage. :)

Joni said...

She's lovely, Gill, and that fabric looks good! I love your Thriller and can't wait to see your next progress pics.

Daffycat said...

She is getting on...most beautiful!

I can check my spools too, which one you you need?

shakatak66 said...

I was just about to offer you the Kreinik too but I see a couple of people have beat me to it ... if you are still looking let me know which one you need and I'll see if I have it for you :)

Deanne J said...

She's just beautiful.

Yany said...

OMG, Super Gill strikes again!! You're so fast!!
Is beautiful, congratulations!!

Teejay said...

Your work is gorgeous as always.

Chiloe said...

You are right: they are beautiful when you see them stitched and yours is no exception ;)

Cenoura said...

I love your work!
Everything you do as a lot of work and very perfect!
Really love it!

Juanita said...

Internet troubles seem to be going around lately. We had a full-on hard drive crash earlier in the week. The time away sometimes has some nice side effects, though. ;) Good to see that you were able to get some stitching done. The Mirabilia piece is coming along so well!! I agree that the chart photos never do them justice.

I love the little frog needlebook that you stitched up. It's too cute.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

She is looking stunning! I love the fabric.

Olenka's Stitches said...

Wow, your fairy looks stunning! And the fabric you chose for her is very pretty.

Aussie Stitcher said...

She is gorgeous Gill. Looking forward to seeing more progress on Thriller, love that design.

Michelle said...

Oh she's beautiful! I love the fabric you chose for her!

Karen said...

Hi Gill, I found your blog through The Wagon. April is coming along beautifully! I have it all kitted up and ready to go as a gift for my niece. Now all I need is the time to stitch it!! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your progress!

Anonymous said...

so pretty!
hope all is well....you haven't blogged for a while!

Gayle~~~flosswoman11@yahoo.com

Olenka's Stitches said...

I do hope you are alright.
Happy stitching and take care,
Olga

Stitching Mama said...

The picture is beautiful! I would probably get more of mine done if I wasn't on the computer as much... lol.

Sally said...

Where are you Gill? I hope you're OK.

Anonymous said...

yes...I DO hope all is well with you and your family!


Gayle~~~flosswoman11@yahoo.com