Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I would appreciate your input on something. Go and have a look at the cover pic of Forgiveness in my last post...see the 3 lower case letters at the bottom right - vcb? That's the designer's initials, so clearly that's where the personalisation goes, and obviously I'll put my own initials there when I get to that point. Now, see those other 3 upper case letters at centre right - AJS...to me, that also looks like it should be someone's initials. It doesn't quite look like the random letters elsewhere on the piece. So what's supposed to go there? Do I just stitch AJS? To me, that would just look like I'd stitched someone else's initials. And there's a personalisation alphabet chart with both upper and lower case letters included in the chart pack. On the other hand, if I repeat my own initials again, wouldn't that just look odd? Colour me confused...what do you think I should put there?

6 comments:

Marjean said...

That is why I have a problem with designers putting initials into their pieces. How about your husbands initials or the first initials of your children (I think you might have 2) and the first initial of your husbands name.

Lindsay said...

I would put DH's initails there and maybe use the other odd letters for kids/pets/parents or any other letter that has meaning for you

Andie said...

I'd put the initials of the person you have to forgive the most often there lol

Artystitches said...

You could stitch ABC if you do not want to put someone elses initials.

quietgirl255 said...

I agree it looks like it should be initials, but I don't understand whose.

If it were me I would probably pull one of those letters out and not make them initials. Like you see all these other letters scattered around the piece. They are not the full alphabet so you don't need A J and S for another to make sense.

Or use you initials there and then change up the initials at the bottom and make them random letters, or just put one letter in down there.

But I agree I don't like random initials sets all over the place.

Michelle said...

I agree, they look like initials. I would put someone else's there - maybe DH's. Your other option is to email Examplar Dames and see what she intended.