Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I've been in one of my restless, fidgetty moods again with my stitching. There are plenty of things I could be stitching on...there are things I should be stitching on...like Pompeii for example -

This thing has been a WIP for far too long. I did make a little progress...I finally finished all the cross stitch on that blasted final, fourth villa. Just some backstitch and a handful of rhodes stitches left on that part. Man that thing has dragged on. And I did a little bit of sky etc in the top left corner. But then I found myself finding things to do rather than stitch on it...like ironing fer crying out loud! Ironing!! You know it's bad when you'd rather do the ironing than stitch on a thing! So I decided to go through my stash and see what called to me. Not much did. Lots of yummy charts, but nothing crying out to be stitched. And then I found something I'd forgotten I had...a kit that was a gift from little Pete a year or two back. This thing is so far removed from my usual taste it got tucked away and forgotten. Anyone who knows me knows I don't 'do' florals. But for some reason, I felt the urge to pull it out and make a start on it. I had to swap out the fabric of course because I most definitely don't 'do' aida...


It's called Rose Sampler by Sandy Orton, and this is what it'll look like once it's finished...

9 comments:

vEr0n!c@ said...

Pompeii is stunning. Hope you'll feel like working on it again soon for I'll sure love to see its progress.

That's a sweet flower piece. Love the fabric you pick. Is it a hand dyed?

Tama said...

both pics made me go 'oooooooo... pwetty!' I like the fabric you chose for the second one, too!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Those are both gorgeous pieces.

Daffycat said...

Wonderful WIPs! You really must have itchy fingers to be ironing instead ~ yuck! I hope the new piece gets you stitchy again.

Lara said...

Sounds like you needed a change of pace. The rose piece is a lovely change.

Pompeii is quite impressive! You'll get back to it when you want to. This is supposed to be fun, right?

Maxine said...

I love Pompeii and yours looks stunning. I can't wait for the chart to be available.

Artystitches said...

Some lovely stitching!

Sally said...

Pomeii is looking stunning Gill. I do hope you get the enthusiasm to work on it again soon.

Beautiful flowers in your new start.

Michelle said...

Pompeii is really beautiful. My Mystery 9 hasn't been calling to me either, so I know what you mean.